HotBegan™ Hot Start Taq DNA Polymerase
For a Specific, Highly Efficient & Reliable Amplifications of DNA up 160 fg
HotBegan™ Hot Start Taq DNA Polymerase is a specific, highly efficient and sensitive HotStart DNA Polymerase designed to minimize unspecific amplification, improving PCR specificity. It is a Horse-Power™ Taq DNA Polymerase bound to a proprietary antibody that blocks polymerase activity until a denaturation step occurs. The heat-labile antibodies are rapidly inactivated by raising the temperature (4 minutes at 95-97 °C). This prevents or minimizes primer-dimer and non-specific products.
Like Horse-Power™ Taq DNA Polymerase, the enzyme has 5’→3’ polymerase activity and a weak 5’→3’ exonuclease activity but no 3’→5’ exonuclease activity (proofreading). Before enzyme activation none of the enzyme activities are detectable.Quote request
Availability: In stock! Ready-to-ship immediately
Catalog Numbers, Sizes & Prices
|P0028||500 U||5 U/μL|
|P0030||2 x 1.25 mL (250 rxn)||MasterMix||79 €|
Note: Prices may vary between countries, because additional cost may be applied due taxes, shipments or Custom fees.
Advantages & Features
- High specificity: minimizes unspecific amplification.
- Efficient: prevents or minimizes primer-dimer and nonspecific products.
- Great sensitivity: amplifies from femptograms of DNA targets.
- Inactive: at Room Temperature.
- Optimized: adds extra nucleotides (preferentially adenine) without template at 3´ends leaving 3´overhangs PCR fragments.
- Powerful: amplification of targets up to 5 kb.
- Convenient: available in kits and MasterMix solution.
- Risk-free: product covered by our Quality 100% Guarantee.
One unit is defined as the amount of enzyme required to catalyse the incorporation of 10 nanomoles of dNTPs into acid-insoluble material in 30 minutes at 74°C.
Includes for 500 U:
– 100 μL HotBegan™ Hot Start Taq DNA Polymerase (5 U/μL)
– 25 mM MgCl2 (1.5 mL)
– 1.5 mL Buffer (10x)
MasterMix (2x) includes for 1.25 mL:
– 2 x 1.25 mL HotBegan™ Hot Start Taq DNA Polymerase MasterMix (2x)
(2.5 mL = 250 rxn)
- PCR and RT-PCR.
- Genotyping with Taqman probes.
- PCR fragments amplification for TA or GC cloning.
- Amplification from a limited DNA template or low copy number genes.
Tables, Figures & Protocols
- Functionally tested in qPCR.
- None detected bacterial DNA (by qPCR).
- Exempt of nucleases (endo-, exo and ribonucleases) activity guaranteed by appropriate quality tests.
Storage, Shipping & Guarantee
- Shipped in: Gel pack.
- Storage: -20 °C.
- Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of purchase, if it is properly stored.
- Dejene, T., Oria-de-Rueda, J. A., & Martín-Pinto, P. (2017). Fungal community succession and sporocarp production following fire occurrence in Dry Afromontane forests of Ethiopia. Forest Ecology and Management, 398, 37-47.
- Criado-García, J., Fuentes, F., Cruz-Teno, C., García-Rios, A., Jiménez-Morales, A., Delgado-Lista, J., … & Pérez-Jiménez, F. (2011). R353Q polymorphism in the factor VII gene and cardiovascular risk in Heterozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia: a case-control study. Lipids in health and disease, 10(1), 50.
- Català, S., Pérez-Sierra, A., & Abad-Campos, P. (2015). The use of genus-specific amplicon pyrosequencing to assess Phytophthora species diversity using eDNA from soil and water in northern Spain. PloS one, 10(3), e0119311.
- Olmo, D., Armengol, J., León, M., & Gramaje, D. (2016). Characterization and Pathogenicity of Botryosphaeriaceae Species Isolated from Almond Trees on the Island of Mallorca (Spain). Plant Disease, 100(12), 2483-2491.
- Dejene, T., Oria-de-Rueda, J. A., & Martín-Pinto, P. (2017). Fungal diversity and succession following stand development in Pinus patula Schiede ex Schltdl. & Cham. plantations in Ethiopia. Forest Ecology and Management, 395, 9-18.
This product is developed, designed and sold exclusively for Research purposes and in vitro use only (RUO). The product was not tested for use in diagnostics or for drug development, nor is it suitable for administration to humans or animals. For more info, please check its Material Safety Data Sheet available in this website.
Citations Reward Program, get 50€ Amazon gift card Learn more Here
Lab Start-Up Program for new labs/companies Learn more Here