0.5M EDTA Buffer (pH 8.0)
High Quality Molecular Biology Grade Buffer for a Reliable & Convenient use in a wide range of Applications
Ethylene-diamine-tetra acetic acid (EDTA) is a high quality and convenient solution that chelates a variety of polyvalent cations such as Ca2+ and Mg 2+. EDTA is usually used as an inactivator of metal-dependent enzymes, preventing damage to DNA and RNA.
In cell cultures, it is used to avoid clumping of cells in liquid suspensions, as EDTA binds to calcium and prevents joining of cadherins between cells.Quote request
Availability: In stock! Ready-to-ship immediately
Catalog Numbers, Sizes & Prices
|BR0060||1 pouch (500 mL/pouch)||81 €|
|BR0060-XL||5 pouch (500 mL/pouch)||322 €|
|BR0061||100 mL (1x solution)||46 €|
|BR0061-XL||250 mL (1x solution)||93 €|
Note: Prices may vary between countries, because additional cost may be applied due taxes, shipments or Custom fees.
Advantages & Features
- Reliable: stringent quality control standards to guarantee lot-to-lot consistency.
- High Quality: free of DNAse, RNase or protease contamination.
- Time-saving due its ready-to-use format that saves experiment preparation time.
- Safe: prevents damage to DNA and RNA.
- Risk-free: product covered by our Quality 100% Guarantee.
- Chemicals: Analytical grade.
- Concentration: 0.5 M EDTA.
- pH: 8± 0.05 at 25 ºC.
– Exactly pre-weighed powder (500 mL/pouch)
Aqueous solution format:
– 100 mL of 0.5M EDTA Solution
- Anticoagulant for blood samples and its storage.
- Abduct the metal required to metal-dependent enzyme, inactivating the reactions.
- Avoid junctions between cells by cadherins, usually used to cell culture procedures.
- Used in TAE and TBE buffers because it inhibits metal-dependent nucleases by chelating the divalent cations (Ca2+ Mg2+), protecting the DNA from nucleases during the run.
- Added to TE buffer, used to solubilize DNA and RNA, inactivating nucleases by binding to metals cations required by these enzymes.
- Strict quality controls in every phase of manufacturing to guarantee the highest quality and reproducibility.
Storage, Shipping & Guarantee
- Shipped in: Ambient temperature.
- Storage: Room temperature.
- Recommendations: Store the product in a dry place.
- Guaranteed: All components are stable for 2 years, if stored properly.
This product is developed, designed and sold exclusively for Research purposes and in vitro use only (RUO). The product was not tested for use in diagnostics or for drug development, nor is it suitable for administration to humans or animals. For more info, please check its Material Safety Data Sheet available in this website.
Frequently asked questions
Do you have any question? Please visit our FAQs section GO
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.