Ampicillin Sodium Salt
Molecular Biology Grade Antibiotic with Great Performance in a wide range of Applications
Ampicillin is a penicillin-like antibiotic effective against gram-positive, gram-negative and anaerobic bacteria. Differs from penicillin only by the presence of an amino group. Like penicillin, ampicillin is susceptible to β-lactamase, which hydrolyzes the β-lactam ring.
It is widely used in cell culture as a selective agent. Inhibits bacterial cell-wall synthesis by inactivating transpeptidases on the inner surface of the bacterial cell membrane.Quote request
Availability: In stock! Ready-to-ship immediately
Catalog Numbers, Sizes & Prices
|AB001||10 g||39 €|
Note: Prices may vary between countries, because additional cost may be applied due taxes, shipments or Custom fees.
Advantages & Features
- Proven performance in described applications.
- Reliable: stringent quality control standards to guarantee lot-to-lot consistency.
- High Quality.
- Risk-free: product covered by our Quality 100% Guarantee.
- CAS No: 69-52-3
- MDL No: MFCD00064313
- Chemical Formula: C16H18N3O4S·Na
- Molecular Weight: 371.39
- pH: 8.0 – 10.0
- Water content: < 2.0%
Includes for 25 g:
– 25 g Ampicillin
- Used to select for ampicillin resistance in mutated and transformed cells.
- Strict quality controls in every manufacturing step to guarantee the highest quality.
Storage, Shipping & Guarantee
- Shipped in: Gel Pack.
- Storage: 4 ºC.
- Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of purchase, if it is properly stored.
This product is developed, designed and sold exclusively for research purposes and in vitro use only. The product was not tested for use in diagnostics or for drug development, nor is it suitable for administration to humans or animals. Please, for more info revise its Material Safety Data Sheet available in this website.