BL21 (DE3) Competent Cells
Chemically Competent Escherichia coli Cells optimized for Protein Expression of T7 RNA Polymerase-based systems
BL21 (DE3) Competent Cells are Chemically Competent Escherichia coli Cells used for Protein Expression of T7 RNA Polymerase-based Cystems. These cells are resistant to the lytic bacteriophages T1 and T5. The BL21 (DE3) strain is a derivative of E. coli B. It is deficient in both lon and ompT proteases resulting in superior isolation of intact Recombinant Proteins. The host is a lysogen of DE3 and, therefore, carries a chromosomal copy of the T7 RNA polymerase gene that is controlled by the lacUV5 promoter. The strain utilizes the T7 RNA promoter to control protein expression. IPTG is used to induce Expression of the T7 RNA Polymerase.
Genotype: F¯ ompT gal dcm lon hsdSB(rB- mB-) λ(DE3 *lacI lacUV5-T7 gene 1 ind1 sam7 nin5])Quote request
Availability: In stock! Ready-to-ship immediately
Catalog Numbers, Sizes & Prices
|C0035||20 rxn||187 €|
Would you like to test a Free Sample? Please, inquiry at Free Sample Request.
Note: Prices may vary between countries, because additional cost may be applied due taxes, shipments or Custom fees.
Advantages & Features
- High-level of Protein Expression.
- Transformation Efficiency: ≥ 106 cfu/μg.
- Deficient in proteases Ion and OmpT.
Genotype: F¯ ompT gal dcm lon hsdSB(rB- mB-) λ(DE3 *lacI lacUV5-T7 gene 1 ind1 sam7 nin5])
Includes for 20 rxn:
– 10 µL BL21 (DE3) Competent Cells Control Plasmid (0.1 ng/µL)
– 10 x 200μL BL21 (DE3) Competent Cells
– Dry Ice
- Protein Expression using the T7 Expression System.
- BL21(DE3) Competent Cells consistently yield > 1.0 × 106 colony-forming units/µg competent cells control plasmid when transformed with non-saturating amounts of DNA (0.2ng/100 µL cells).
Storage, Shipping & Guarantee
- Shipment with Dry Ice.
- Storage: Upon receipt of the kit, immediately store the components at -80 °C. Storage at -20 °C will result in a significant decrease in transformation efficiency. Please note that Competent Cells are very sensitive to cycles of freezing and thawing and should not be exposed to temperature variations.
- Shelf Life: 6 months from the date of purchase, if it is properly stored.
This product is developed, designed and sold exclusively for Research purposes and in vitro use only (RUO). The product was not tested for use in diagnostics or for drug development, nor is it suitable for administration to humans or animals. For more info, please check its Material Safety Data Sheet available in this website.
AgaPure™ Agarose Standard: 169€ (500g) Learn more Here
BrightMAX™ DNA Ladders from 39 € (50 µg) Learn more Here
UltraPure Water, DNASE/RNASE – Free from 34€ (1 L) Learn more Here
qMAXSen™ One-Step RT-qPCR Kits from 466 € (500 rxn) Learn more Here
CANFAST™ Transfection Reagent: 99 € (1.5 mL) Learn more Here
XTT Cell Proliferation Assay Kit from 79 € (500 assays) Learn more Here
HigherPurity™ Blood Genomic DNA Extraction Kit: 49 € (50 rxn) Learn more Here
HigherPurity™ DNA Purification SPRI Magnetic Beads: 249€ (25 mL) Learn more Here
Horse-Power™ Green-Taq DNA Polymerase: 29 € (100 rxn) Learn more Here
Horse-Power™ Taq DNA Polymerase (500 U) from 39€ Learn more Here
Stool Sample Collection and Stabilization Kit: 319 € (100 units) Learn more Here
IPTG: 49 € (5 gr) Learn more Here
PRImeZOL™ Reagent: 79 € (100 mL) Learn more Here
Proteinase K (Lyophilized): 79 € (100 mg) Learn more Here
qMAXSen™ qPCR MasterMixes from 109 € (250 rxn) Learn more Here
Saliva Sample Collection Kit: 733 € (100 units) Learn more Here
T4 DNA Ligase: 39 € (300 U) Learn more Here
TruePure™ dNTP Mix, 1mL from 29€ Learn more Here
Resazurin Cell Viability Assay from 79 € (2,500 assays) Learn more Here
X-Gal: 59 € (1 gr) Learn more Here