Bovine Factor Xa
( 1 mg/mL) Solution
Factor Xa is a serine endopeptidase that forms part of the prothrombinase complex, along with factor Va, in the common pathway in coagulation cascade. The prothrombinase complex increases the conversion rate of prothrombin to thrombin. Subsequently, thrombin catalyzes the conversion of fibrinogen to fibrin monomers which then polymerize for thrombus formation. One molecule of Factor Xa can generate >1000 thrombin molecules. Factor Xa cleaves after the arginine residue in its preferred cleavage site Ile-(Glu or Asp)-Gly-Arg and it will occasionally cleave at other basic residues. However, it will not cleave at a site followed by proline or arginine.
Factor Xa is often used to remove fusion tags from expressed proteins. A factor Xa sensitive site is incorporated between the recombinant protein of interest and peptides or proteins which facilitate purification and/or expression. The target protein is released from the expressed hybrid by cleavage with factor Xa. Factor Xa can then be easily removed by affinity chromatography.Quote request
Availability: In stock! Ready-to-ship immediately
Catalog Numbers, Sizes & Prices
|P0260||250 μg||312 €|
|P0261||1 mg||918 €|
Note: Prices may vary between countries, because additional cost may be applied due taxes, shipments or Custom fees.
Advantages & Features
- Specific Activity: > 210 U/mg
- Buffer composition: 20 mM Tris-HCl/0.7 M NaCl/pH 7.4
- Extinction Coefficient (1%): 12.4
- Molecular Weight: 45,300 daltons
- Manufactured according to Strict Quality Control standards to ensure lot-to-lot consistency.
- Unit Definition: One unit of activated Factor X will liberate 1.0 μmole of p-nitroanilide from a synthetic Ile-Glu-Gly-Arg peptide with p-nitroanilide derivatized arginine as the substrate per minute at pH 8.3 at 37 °C.
- Storage buffer: 20 Mm Tris-HCI/ 0.7 M NaCL/ ph 7.4
Includes for 1 mg:
– 1 mg Factor Xa ( 1 mg/mL)
- Purity ≥ 95% upon visual inspection of SDS PAGE.
- Factor Xa Protease is purified from bovine plasma and activated by treatment with the activating enzyme from Russell’s viper venom.
- This RVV-X is removed after activation.
- Complete activation was observed on SDS PAGE.
Storage, Shipping & Guarantee
- Shipment at Dry Ice.
- Storage: -70°C.
- Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of purchase, if it is properly stored.
This product is developed, designed and sold exclusively for Research purposes and in vitro use only (RUO). The product was not tested for use in diagnostics or for drug development, nor is it suitable for administration to humans or animals. For more info, please check its Material Safety Data Sheet available in this website.
Frequently asked questions
Do you have any question? Please visit our FAQs section GO
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.