Carbenicillin Disodium Salt
Molecular Biology Grade Antibiotic with Great Performance in a wide range of Applications
Carbenicillin Disodium Salt is a semi-synthetic penicillin antibiotic with a relatively greater spectrum of activity against Gram-negative bacteria. As penicillin, is susceptible to β-lactamase, which hydrolyzes the β-lactam ring.
Ampicillin is widely used in cell culture as a selective agent. Inhibits bacterial cell-wall synthesis by inactivating transpeptidases on the inner surface of the bacterial cell membrane.Quote request
Availability: In stock! Ready-to-ship immediately
Catalog Numbers, Sizes & Prices
|AB007||1 g||26 €|
Note: Prices may vary between countries, because additional cost may be applied due taxes, shipments or Custom fees.
Advantages & Features
- Proven performance in described applications.
- Reliable: stringent quality control standards to guarantee lot-to-lot consistency.
- High Quality.
- Risk-free: product covered by our Quality 100% Guarantee.
- CAS Number: 4800-94-6
- Chemical Formula: C17H16N2Na2O6S
- Molecular Weight: 422.36
- Appearance: White to pale yellow powder
- Purity (on dried basis): >90%
- Water content: <5%
Includes for 5 g:
– 5 g Carbenicillin Disodium Salt
- Used to select for ampicillin resistance in mutated and transformed cells (preferred over ampicillin due to its increased stability).
- Commonly used for the elimination of Agrobacterium species after inoculation.
- Strict quality controls in every manufacturing step to guarantee the highest quality.
Storage, Shipping & Guarantee
- Shipped in: Gel Pack.
- Storage: -20 °C (NON Frost-Free Freezer).
- Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of purchase, if it is properly stored.
This product is developed, designed and sold exclusively for Research purposes and in vitro use only (RUO). The product was not tested for use in diagnostics or for drug development, nor is it suitable for administration to humans or animals. For more info, please check its Material Safety Data Sheet available in this website.