Molecular Biology Grade Antibiotic with Great Performance in a wide range of Applications
Chloramphenicol (D( -)-three-2 – dichloracetamido – 1 – p – nitro – phenyl-1,3-propanediol) is an antibiotic originally isolated from the soil bacterium Streptomyces venezuelae. It has a broad spectrum antibiotic (bacteriostatic) active against a wide variety of gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria, including most anaerobic organisms. Chloramphenicol blocks bacterial protein synthesis by inhibiting the peptidyl transferase activity of the 50S ribosomal subunit (elongation inhibition).Quote request
Availability: In stock! Ready-to-ship immediately
Catalog Numbers, Sizes & Prices
|AB003||25 g||77 €|
Note: Prices may vary between countries, because additional cost may be applied due taxes, shipments or Custom fees.
Advantages & Features
- Proven performance in described applications.
- Reliable: stringent quality control standards to guarantee lot-to-lot consistency.
- High Quality.
- Risk-free: product covered by our Quality 100% Guarantee.
- CAS Number: 56-75-7
- Chemical Formula: C11H12Cl2N2O5
- Molecular Weight: 323.13
- Appearance: White or slightly yellow needle crystals or crystalline
- Assay: 98.0~102.0%
- Loss on drying: < 0.5%
Includes for 50 g:
– 50 g Chloramphenicol
- Used in researching protein synthesis.
- Used to select for chloramphenicol-resistant transformed cells or the bacterial CAT gene.
- Used in chloramphenicol acetyl transferase (CAT) assay.
- Strict quality controls in every manufacturing step to guarantee the highest quality.
Storage, Shipping & Guarantee
- Shipped in: Gel Pack.
- Storage: -20 °C (NON Frost-Free Freezer).
- Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of purchase, if it is properly stored.
This product is developed, designed and sold exclusively for Research purposes and in vitro use only (RUO). The product was not tested for use in diagnostics or for drug development, nor is it suitable for administration to humans or animals. For more info, please check its Material Safety Data Sheet available in this website.
Frequently asked questions
Do you have any question? Please visit our FAQs section GO
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.