CVX™ Virus Collection & Processing Kit
For collection and transportation of Saliva specimens containing Viruses from prior Direct PCR
Saliva is a promising sample for expanding and facilitating testing due to the ease, safety, and non- invasive nature of its collection and its relatively high viral load. CVX™ Virus Collection & Processing Kit is designed to collect, and transport saliva specimens containing viruses from patients with signs and symptoms of respiratory infection and subsequent sample processing prior Direct PCR. Saliva sample are collected by spitting inside the collection funnel which has been assembled with the collection tube. After collecting ≈1 mL of Saliva, the collection tube is sent to the laboratory for sample processing. You can store collected Saliva at room temperature for no more than 7 days before processing without adding buffers for the stabilization of nucleic acid viral.
Researchers at Yale University developed a saliva-based method for the detection of SARS-CoV-2. The method uses proteinase K, followed by a heat step to make viral RNA detectable in a saliva sample instead of using kits to extract the RNA. It includes the PK solution (containing proteinase K) that has been specifically formulated to be used following the open-source protocol developed by Yale’s researchers and obtain PCR-ready nucleic acids from Saliva.Quote request
Availability: In stock! Ready-to-ship immediately
Catalog Numbers, Sizes & Prices
|SCP001||100 units||319 €|
We also offer this Product with different specifications or size (Custom Solutions), in higher amounts (Bulk Inquiries) or under OEM Basis (OEM Partnerships).
Note: Prices may vary between countries, because additional cost may be applied due taxes, shipments or Custom fees.
Advantages & Features
- Ready-to-use Saliva for Direct PCR.
- Pathogen detection directly from saliva samples.
- Safe and Easy: Non-invasive, painless, easy to handle. Ideal for children sample collection.
- Full-Solution: it contains a fully tested Proteinase K.
- Cost-effective: Proteinase-K-heat method is inexpensive.
Includes for 100 rxn:
– 100 Saliva Collection Tubes
– 100 Funnels
– 100 Microtubes (0.5 mL)
– 800 μL PK Solution
- Designed for collect,and transport saliva specimens containing viruses from patients with signs and symptoms of respiratory infection and subsequent sample processing prior Direct PCR.
- Strict quality controls in every manufacturing step to guarantee the highest quality and reproducibility.
References about this method:
- 1. Ott, Isabel M et al. “Simply saliva: stability of SARS-CoV-2 detection negates the need for expensive collection devices.” 4 Aug. 2020, doi:10.1101/2020.08.03.20165233. Preprint
- Lalli MA, Chen X, Langmade SJ, et al. Rapid and extraction-free detection of SARS-CoV-2 from saliva with colorimetric LAMP. Preprint. medRxiv. 2020;2020.05.07.20093542. Published 2020 May 11. doi:10.1101/2020.05.07.20093542
- Chantal B.F. Vogels, et al. SalivaDirect: A simplified and flexible platform to enhance SARS-CoV-2 testing capacity. Preprint. medRxiv. 2020;2020.08.03. 20167791. doi: 10.1101/2020.08.03.20167791
- Chu AW, Chan WM, Ip JD, et al. Evaluation of simple nucleic acid extraction methods for the detection of SARS-CoV-2 in nasopharyngeal and saliva specimens during global shortage of extraction kits. J Clin Virol. 2020;129:104519. doi:10.1016/j.jcv.2020.104519
Storage, Shipping & Guarantee
- Shipped in: Ambient Temperature.
- Storage: kit components except PK Solution should be stored at Room Temperature. Store PK Solution at –20 °C for long-term storage or at 4 °C for up to 12 months.
- Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of purchase, if it is properly stored.
This product is developed, designed and sold exclusively for research purposes (RUO Mark). The product was not tested for use in diagnostics or for drug development, nor is it suitable for administration to humans or animals. Please refer to www.canvaxbiotech.com for Material Safety Data Sheet of the product.
AgaPure™ Agarose Standard: 181€ (500g) Learn more Here
BrightMAX™ DNA Ladders from 39 € (50 µg) Learn more Here
TBARS Assay Kit from 229€ (96 assays) Learn more Here
Horse-Power™ Taq DNA Polymerase: 39 € (500 U) Learn more Here
HigherPurity™ PCR Clean-Up Magnetic Beads: 261€ (25 mL) Learn more Here
GreenSafe DNA Gel Stain: 99 € (1 mL) Learn more Here
Horse-Power™ Taq DNA Polymerase (500 U) from 39€ Learn more Here
PRImeZOL™ Reagent: 84 € (100 mL) Learn more Here
IPTG: 34 € (5 gr) Learn more Here
Proteinase K (Lyophilized): 79 € (100 mg) Learn more Here
qMAXSen™ One-Step RT-qPCR Kits from 144 € (100 rxn) Learn more Here
qMAXSen™ qPCR MasterMixes from 117 € (250 rxn) Learn more Here
Resazurin Cell Viability Assay from 92 € (2,500 assays) Learn more Here
Saliva Sample Collection Kit: 755 € (100 units) Learn more Here
Stool Sample Collection and Stabilization Kit: 392 € (100 units) Learn more Here
CVX-Mag™ Viral RNA Extraction Kit, CE-IVD: 336 € (100 rxn) Learn more Here
TruePure™ dNTP Mix, 1mL from 23€ Learn more Here
UltraPure Water, DNASE/RNASE – Free from 34€ (1 L) Learn more Here
CVX™ Viral RNA Extraction Kit, CE-IVD: 336 € (100 rxn) Learn more Here
XTT Cell Proliferation Assay Kit from 91 € (500 assays) Learn more Here
Frequently asked questions
Do you have any question? Please visit our FAQs section GO
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.