CVX5α™ Chemically Competent Cells
Versatile, Convenient & Cost-effective solution for routine Subcloning Procedures
CVX5α™ Chemically Competent Cells is a versatile, convenient and cost-effective solution for routine subcloning procedures or any application where the starting DNA is not limiting. It is calcium chloride-treated to facilitate attachment of the plasmid DNA to the competent cell membrane.
CVX5α™ Genotype: F – , gyrA96, recA1, endA1, thi1, hsdR17 (rK – mK +), deoR, supE44, ∆ (lacZYA-argF) U169 φ80lacZ∆M15 (similar to DH5™ ).Quote request
Availability: In stock! Ready-to-ship immediately
Catalog Numbers, Sizes & Prices
|C0034||20 rxn||2 x 500 µL||71 €|
|C0031||40 rxn||4 x 500 µL||126 €|
|C0032||40 rxn||40 x 50 µL||338 €|
|C0033||90 rxn||9 x 500 µL||304 €|
Note: Prices may vary between countries, because additional cost may be applied due taxes, shipments or Custom fees.
Advantages & Features
- Versatile: proven performance for high-efficiency transformation in a wide variety of applications.
- Convenient: ideal for routine.
- Compatible: with blue/white screening of colonies on bacterial plates containing Bluo-gal or X-gal.
CVX5α™ Genotype: F – , gyrA96, recA1, endA1, thi1, hsdR17 (rK – mK +), deoR, supE44, ∆ (lacZYA-argF) U169 φ80lacZ∆M15 (similar to DH5™ ).
Includes for 40 rxn:
– 2,000 µL CVX5α™ (1 x 107 CFU/µg)
– 10 µL pUC18 Transformation Control Plasmid (10 ng/µL)
– 50 mL SOC Medium
– Dry ice
- Routine cloning and subcloning of genes into plasmid vectors.
- Each lot of competent cells is tested to verify transformation efficiencies using 100 pg pUC18 supercoiled DNA and the recommended protocol.
- Under these conditions, transformation efficiency will be ≥ 1 x 107 cfu/μg pUC18.
- Transformation efficiency is defined as the number of colony forming units (cfu) produced by transforming 1 μg of plasmid (3 kb) into a given volume of competent cells.
- Note: Optimal competence for cloning but it is not enough for the generation of cDNA libraries.
Storage, Shipping & Guarantee
- Shipped in: Dry ice.
- Storage: Upon receipt, store cells immediately at -80 °C.
- Recommendations: Storage at -20 °C will result in a significant decrease in transformation efficiency. Please note that competent cells are very sensitive to cycles of freezing and thawing and should not be exposed to temperature variations
- Guaranteed: 12 months from the date of purchase, if it is properly stored.
- Alvarez, J. B., Castellano, L., Huertas-García, A. B., & Guzmán, C. (2021). Molecular characterization of five novel Wx-A1 alleles in common wheat including one silent allele by transposon insertion. Plant Science, 110843.
- Cabrera, A., Castellano, L., Recio, R., & Alvarez, J. B. (2019). Chromosomal location and molecular characterization of three grain hardness genes in Agropyron cristatum. Euphytica, 215(10), 165.
- Alvarez, J. B., Castellano, L., Recio, R., & Cabrera, A. (2019). Wx Gene in Hordeum chilense: Chromosomal Location and Characterisation of the Allelic Variation in the Two Main Ecotypes of the Species. Agronomy, 9(5), 261.
This product is developed, designed and sold exclusively for Research purposes and in vitro use only (RUO). The product was not tested for use in diagnostics or for drug development, nor is it suitable for administration to humans or animals. For more info, please check its Material Safety Data Sheet available in this website.
Frequently asked questions
Do you have any question? Please visit our FAQs section GO
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.