DNA Polymerase I (E. coli)
DNA Polymerase I is a multifunctional enzyme that combines a DNA polymerase activity, a 5´→ 3´exonuclease activity and a 3’→5′ proofreading exonuclease activity. The 5´→3´ exonuclease activity enables the enzyme to use nicks and gaps in the DNA as starting points for labelling DNA by nick translation.Quote request
Availability: In stock! Ready-to-ship immediately
Catalog Numbers, Sizes & Prices
|P0040||500 U||10 U/µL||81 €|
Note: Prices may vary between countries, because additional cost may be applied due taxes, shipments or Custom fees.
Advantages & Features
- Native: isolated from E. coli cells with a cloned fragment of the polA gene.
- DNase I-dependent nick translation: second-strand synthesis in cDNA cloning, fill-in of 5´ overhangs.
- Complete solution: supplied with 10x Reaction Buffer.
- Risk-free: product covered by our Quality 100% Guarantee.
67 mM potassium phosphate (pH 7.4), 6.7 mM MgCl2, 1 mM 2-mercaptoethanol, 0.033 mMdATP, 0.033 mMdTTP, 0.4 MBq/mL [3H]-dTTP and 62.5 µg/mL poly(dA-dT)·poly(dA-dT).
Includes for 500 U:
– 50 μL DNA Polymerase I (10 U/μL)
– 1 mL Reaction Buffer (10x)
- High-percentage incorporation of radioactivity for nick translation assays.
- Manufacturing of alternating copolymers such as poly d(A-T) and homopolymers such as poly dG-poly dC.
- Klenow fragment: DNA sequencing, fill-in of 5’ overhangs and removal of 3’ overhangs to form blunt ends and second strand synthesis in mutagenesis.
- Absence of conversion of covalently closed circular DNA to nicked DNA after incubation of 20 units of DNA polymerase I with 1 µg of pUC18 DNA for 4 hours at 37 °C.
Storage, Shipping & Guarantee
- Shipped in: Gel pack.
- Storage: -20 °C.
- Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of purchase, if it is properly stored.
This product is developed, designed and sold exclusively for Research purposes and in vitro use only (RUO). The product was not tested for use in diagnostics or for drug development, nor is it suitable for administration to humans or animals. For more info, please check its Material Safety Data Sheet available in this website.