RNAse-Free (10 mg/mL)
DNase I is a recombinant endonuclease that cleaves DNA preferentially at phosphodiester linkages adjacent to a pyrimidine nucleotide, to release di-, tri- and oligonucleotide products (on average producing tetranucleotides) with 5’-phosphorylated and 3’-hydroxylated ends.
It acts on single-stranded DNA, double-stranded DNA, RNA-DNA hybrids and chromatin. DNase I requires bivalent cations (Mg2⁺ and Ca2⁺) for maximal activity.Quote request
Availability: In stock! Ready-to-ship immediately
Catalog Numbers, Sizes & Prices
|EZ0018||1 mL||10 mg/mL||37 €|
|EZ0019||5 x 1 mL||10 mg/mL||148 €|
Note: Prices may vary between countries, because additional cost may be applied due taxes, shipments or Custom fees.
Advantages & Features
- Recombinant: bovine Pancreatic, purified from E. coli (29 kDa monomer).
- High specific activity: more than 2,000 Kunitz units per mg protein.
- High Quality: free of RNase and Proteinase contamination.
- Complete solution: supplied with 10x Reaction Buffer.
- Risk-free: product covered by our Quality 100% Guarantee.
One Kunitz unit is defined as the amount of enzyme required for the complete degradation of 1 µg of plasmid DNA in 10 minutes at 37 ˚C.
Note: One Kunitz unit equals to 50 Worthington units.
– 1 mL DNase I (10 mg/mL)
– 1 mL Reaction Buffer (10x)
* 10x Reaction Buffer: 100 mM Tris-HCl (pH 7.5 at 25°C), 25 mM MgCl2, 1 mM CaCl2
- Removal of residual genomic DNA from RNA samples.
- Degradation of DNA template in transcription reactions.
- DNAse I footprinting.
- Perform Nick Translation.
- Functionally tested for digestion of template DNA after in vitro transcription.
- Confirmed absence of RNAse activity.
- Specific activity assayed by degradation of 1 µg of pUC18 in 40 mM Tris‐HCl (pH 8.0), 10 mM MgSO4, 1 mM CaCl2.
Storage, Shipping & Guarantee
- Shipped in: Gel pack.
- Storage: -20 °C.
- Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of purchase, if it is properly stored.
This product is developed, designed and sold exclusively for Research purposes and in vitro use only (RUO). The product was not tested for use in diagnostics or for drug development, nor is it suitable for administration to humans or animals. For more info, please check its Material Safety Data Sheet available in this website.