FastPANGEA™ Long PCR DNA Polymerase
For an Accurate & Robust PCR Amplification of Fragments up to 15 kb
FastPANGEA™ Long PCR DNA Polymerase is an accurate and robust enzyme that combines Horse-Power™ Taq DNA Polymerase and a DNA proofreading Polymerase with 3’ to 5’ exonuclease activity that is optimized for PCR amplification of very long DNA templates (long range PCR).
As it is already well-known, Taq DNA Polymerase is inefficient at amplifying fragments larger than 3–5 kb due to its inability to repair nucleotide mismatches following misincorporation. The addition of a small quantity of proofreading enzyme allows mismatches to be repaired and extension to continue, resulting in the amplification of long amplicons with high yield. The presence of the proofreading polymerase significantly increases fidelity (6.5x) as compared to Taq DNA Polymerase alone. This mixture of enzymes allows for long and accurate PCR amplification of targets from a variety of templates, such as 5-15 kb of genomic DNA.
It generates long templates with an accuracy and speed previously unattainable with other thermostable DNA polymerases. As well, it possesses 3´→ 5´ exonuclease activity and it generates PCR products with blunt ends and generate 3´-adenine overhang in amplified DNA and thus such Taq amplified DNA could be cloned into T-vectors.Quote request
Availability: In stock! Ready-to-ship immediately
Catalog Numbers, Sizes & Prices
|P0059||100 U||5 U/μL||29 €|
|P0060||200 U||5 U/μL||56 €|
|P0022||200 rxn||MasterMix||39 €|
Note: Prices may vary between countries, because additional cost may be applied due taxes, shipments or Custom fees.
Advantages & Features
- High Fidelity: 6.5 times higher fidelity than Taq DNA Polymerase alone.
- Robust: PCR amplification of fragments up to 15 kb such as 5-15 kb of genomic DNA.
- High Yield: increased amplicon specificity and yield.
- Versatile: proven performance for long or difficult templates.
- Risk-free: product covered by our Quality 100% Guarantee.
One unit is defined as the amount of enzyme that incorporates 10 nmoles of dNTP’s into acid-insoluble form in 30 minutes at 75 °C under assay conditions: 25 mM TAPS-HCl, pH 9.0 (at 25 °C), 100 mM KCl, 1.5 mM MgCl2, 1 mM Beta-mercaptoethanol, 200 μM each dNTP and 10 μg activated calf thymus DNA in 50 μl.
Concentration: 5 U/μL – Includes for 200U:
– 200 U FastPANGEA™ Long PCR DNA Polymerase (5 U/μl)
– 1.5 mL Buffer PA (10x)
– 1.5 mL MgCl2 (25 mM)
– 50 μL DMSO (100%)
Master Mix (2x) – Includes for 200 rxn:
– 200 rxn FastPANGEA™-Long PCR Master Mix (2x)
– 50 μL DMSO (100%)
– 100 μL MgCl2 (25 mM)
*Separate tubes of DMSO and 25 mM MgCl2 solutions are provided for further optimisation.
- Primers extension.
- Long or difficult amplification.
- High-Throughput PCR.
- Functionally tested in PCR.
- Free of bacterial DNA (by qPCR).
- Note: Highly recommended for cloning with pSpark® DNA cloning vectors.
Storage, Shipping & Guarantee
- Shipped in: Gel pack.
- Storage: -20 °C.
- Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of purchase, if it is properly stored.
This product is developed, designed and sold exclusively for Research purposes and in vitro use only (RUO). The product was not tested for use in diagnostics or for drug development, nor is it suitable for administration to humans or animals. For more info, please check its Material Safety Data Sheet available in this website.