FDG – Galactosidase Assay Kit (Fluorimetric)
Efficient, Easy & Highly Sensitive tool, Fluorimetric based, to quickly measure levels of active β-galactosidase
FDG β-Galactosidase Assay Kit is an efficient, easy and highly sensitive tool to quickly measure the levels of active β-galactosidase expressed in cells transfected with plasmids expressing Lac Z.
Lac Z is often used reporter gene in experiments transfection because the β-galactosidase is very resistant to proteolytic degradation and its activity is easily measured. β-galactosidase performs the hydrolysis of fluorescein di-β-D galactopyranoside (FDG) into a fluorescein that can be detected at excitation/emission = 490/525 nm. The concentration of β-galactosidase is proportional to fluorescence produced.measure levels of active β-galactosidase expressed in cells transfected with plasmids expressing Lac Z.Quote request
Availability: In stock! Ready-to-ship immediately
Catalog Numbers, Sizes & Prices
Note: Prices may vary between countries, because additional cost may be applied due taxes, shipments or Custom fees.
Advantages & Features
- Fast and convenient.
- Easy-to-use method to quantify the enzyme expression in transfected cells.
- Sensitive: measure ß-galactosidase at femtogram level.
- Risk-free: product covered by our Quality 100% Guarantee.
Includes for 500 assays:
– 55 mL Reaction Buffer
– 25 mL Lysis Buffer
– 25 mL Stop solution
– 20 μL β-galactosidase enzyme (0.1 mg/mL)
– 500 μL β-Mercaptoethanol
– 125 μL FDG solution (10 mM)
- Measurement of β-Galactosidase activity in the lysates of transfected cell.
Tables, Figures & Protocols
- Strict quality controls in every phase of manufacturing to guarantee the highest quality and reproducibility.
Storage, Shipping & Guarantee
- Shipped in: Gel Pack.
- Storage: Upon receipt, store the kit at -20 ºC. β-galactosidase substrate must be protected from light.
- Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of purchase, if it is properly stored.
This product is developed, designed and sold exclusively for Research purposes and in vitro use only (RUO). The product was not tested for use in diagnostics or for drug development, nor is it suitable for administration to humans or animals. For more info, please check its Material Safety Data Sheet available in this website.
Bulk & Volume discounts for larger quantities Learn more Here
Citations Reward Program, get 50€ Amazon gift card Learn more Here
Lab Start-Up Program for new labs/companies Learn more Here