Firefly Luciferase Assay Kit
Accurate, Sensitive & Easy method for studying Gene Reporter Regulation and Function in transformed Cell lines
Luciferase Assay Kit (from the firefly Photinus pyralis) is an accurate, sensitive and easy method for studying gene reporter regulation and function in transformed cell lines in culture.
Firefly Luciferase has an apparent molecular weight of 62 kDa, which is active as a monomer and does not require subsequent processing for its activity. The enzyme catalyzes the oxidation of reduced luciferin in the presence of ATP-Mg2+ and oxygen to generate CO2, AMP, PPi, oxyluciferin and produces a flash of light that is proportional to the quantity of luciferase in the reaction mixture.
The Luciferase Assay Substrate includes coenzyme A, ATP and luciferin. Including coenzyme A in the reaction enhances the sensitivity of the assay and provides a sustained light reaction (half-life > 5 minutes). This eliminates the need for automated luminometer injection of substrate and allows analysis by photographic film or scintillation counting.Quote request
Availability: In stock! Ready-to-ship immediately
Catalog Numbers, Sizes & Prices
|CA130||100 assays||69 €|
|CA135||1,000 assays||349 €|
Would you like to test a Free Sample? Please, inquiry at Free Sample Request.
Note: Prices may vary between countries, because additional cost may be applied due taxes, shipments or Custom fees.
Advantages & Features
- Easy and Fast protocol: results within 14 minutes.
- Sensitive and linear: correlation between luciferase gene expression and light output for transfection.
- Ideal for high throughput assays.
- Risk-free: product covered by our Quality 100% Guarantee.
Includes for 100 assays:
– 10 mL Luciferase Assay Substrate
– 4 mL Cell Lysis Buffer (5x)
– 10 μg Luciferase (Control)
- Detection and quantification of Firefly Luciferase.
- Reporter enzyme from cultured cells.
Tables, Figures & Protocols
Storage, Shipping & Guarantee
- Shipped in: Gel pack.
- Storage: -20 °C or below, protected from light. The kit is stable at –20 °C for three months and at –70 °C for up to 2 year from date of receipt. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of purchase, if it is properly stored.
This product is developed, designed and sold exclusively for Research purposes and in vitro use only (RUO). The product was not tested for use in diagnostics or for drug development, nor is it suitable for administration to humans or animals. For more info, please check its Material Safety Data Sheet available in this website.