Firefly & Renilla Dual Luciferase Single Tube Assay Kit
For an extremely Sensitive, Accurate & Fast measure Firefly and Renilla Luciferase activities in transfected Cell Reporters
Firefly & Renilla Dual Luciferase Single Tube Assay is an extremely sensitive, accurate and fast Kit for the sequential quantitative measurement of both Luciferase activities in a single Protein extract.
It exploits the differing biochemical requirements for Luminescence of the Firefly (Photinus pyralis) and sea pansy (Renilla reniformis) Luciferase Proteins. Both, have proven to be highly effective as gene reporters.
Availability: In stock! Ready-to-ship immediately
Catalog Numbers, Sizes & Prices
|CA141||150 assays||336 €|
Different specifications, sizes or Bulk Orders? please visit Custom Solutions or OEM partnerships.
Note: Prices may vary between countries, because additional cost may be applied due taxes, shipments or Custom fees.
Advantages & Features
- Enhanced results: optimized for higher Sensitivity, Linearity and Accuracy.
- Optimized: single tube format.
- Easy protocol.
- Fast: get results in few minutes.
- Ideal for high throughput assays
- Risk-free: product covered by our Quality 100% Guarantee.
Firefly Luciferase has an apparent molecular weight of 62 kDa, which is active as a monomer and does not require subsequent processing for its activity. The enzyme catalyzes the oxidation of reduced luciferin in the presence of ATP-Mg2+ and oxygen to generate CO2, AMP, PPi, oxyluciferin, and produces a flash of light that is proportional to the quantity of Luciferase in the reaction mixture.
Renilla Luciferase (Rluc) is a 36-kDa monomeric protein that is glycosylated in its natural host; however, this posttranslational modification is not required for its activity. The luminescence generated by Renilla Luciferase utilizes O2 and coelenterazine. The dissimilarity in the substrates for the two Luciferases makes it possible to selectively distinguish between the luminescent reactions for each enzyme. The luminescence of the Firefly Luciferase can be measured by addition of the luciferin reagent, and this reaction is subsequently quenched while simultaneously activating the luminescence of the Renilla Luciferase. Thus, one can sequentially measure the luminescence of both reporters in a single reaction tube.
Includes for 100 assays:
– 10 mL 5x Cell Lysis Buffer
– 10 mL Fluc Assay Buffer
– 10 mL Rluc Assay Buffer
– 2 x 1 mg D-Luciferin, potassium salt
– 2 x 200 μg Coelenterazine (lyophilized)
- Manufactured according to Strict Quality Control standards to ensure lot-to-lot consistency.
Storage, Shipping & Guarantee
- Shipment at Dry Ice.
- Storage: -80°C or below. Fluc and Rluc Assay Buffers are stable at -80°C for at least three months from date of receipt. Other components are stable at -20°C or below for at least three months from date of receipt. Kit components are stable to at least 5 freeze/thaw cycles.
- Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of purchase, if it is properly stored.
This product is developed, designed and sold exclusively for Research purposes and in vitro use only (RUO). The product was not tested for use in diagnostics or for drug development, nor is it suitable for administration to humans or animals. For more info, please check its Material Safety Data Sheet available in this website.
Frequently asked questions
Do you have any question? Please visit our FAQs section GO
It works perfectly, the lysis step is faster than other well known kits and the results are equally good with almost half the prize.
We have been using it a lot in the past months and, we will not be switching back to the competition.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Fast protocol, very good signal and a very competitive price. We switched last year from a very well known dual luciferase kit to Canvax, and the only thing we regreting is not having tried this kit before.