G protein-coupled Receptor 42
ExpressMAX™ Expression-ready Human GPCR ORF Clones
GPR41 and GPR42 are two closely related genes that are part of a cluster of four adjacent GPCRs (GPR40, 41, 42 and 43) localized on Human chromosome 19. There are only six nucleotide and amino acid differences between GPR41 and GPR42.
High sequence homology between these two genes suggests that it is the result of a recent duplication event. Mutagenesis studies have previously shown that amino acid 174 is important for functional signaling since conversion of R174 (found in GPR41) to W174 (found in GPR42) silences the response to short chain fatty acids, raising the possibility that GPR42 might be an inactive pseudogene.Quote request
Availability: In stock! Ready-to-ship immediately
Catalog Numbers, Sizes & Prices
|G0552-B||Bacterial Stock||289 €|
|G0552-Plus||15 µL (12-well plate) + 0.2 mL||667 €|
Press here to learn the difference between this three products.
Note: Prices may vary between countries, because additional cost may be applied due taxes, shipments or Custom fees.
Advantages & Features
- Native structure.
- Wide range: a large collection of ExpressMAX™ GPCR ORF Clones availables.
- Highest levels of GPCR expression: on surface cell lines, > 50% of TAG detection by cytometry.
- Wide spectrum: of strong constitutive promoters.
- Complete solution: it contains all necessary elements for maximum receptor expression.
- Ready-to-use solution: avoids cloning steps, DNA ready to transfect.
- Easy protocol and detection: the whole procedure is simple, with minimal handling.
- Neomycin resistance.
- Ampicillin bacterial selection.
- Plasmid size: 7014 pb
- Promoter: PEF1α
- ORF Sequence (GenBank based): NM_005305
- Protein Sequence (SwissProt): O15529
- Bacterial Selection Antibiotics: Ampicillin
- Mammalian Selection Antibiotic: Neomycin
- Alternative names: FFAR1L, FFAR3L, GPR41L or GPR42P
ExpressMAX™ GPCR ORF Clones (Cat. No. – B)
– Vector as transformed Bacteria in stab culture or a Glycerol Stock format.
Mammalian Transfection Kits (Cat. No. – PLUS):
– 15 µg ExpressMAX™ Mammalian Expression Vector (1 mg/mL).
– 0.2 mL CANFAST™ Transfection Reagent.
- Functional assays, as protein immobilization, cellular localization and other functional assays.
- High-throughput and large scale protein production and purification.
- Reverse transfection arrays and nucleic acid programmable protein arrays (NAPPA).
The quantity and quality of purified DNA is checked by:
- Ratio 260/ 280.
- Agarose gel electrophoresis.
- Digestion with restriction endonucleases.
Storage, Shipping & Guarantee
- Shipped in: Dry Ice.
- Storage: ExpressMAX™ GPCR ORF Clones (-20 ºC) and CANFAST™ (4 ºC).
- Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of purchase, if it is properly stored.
This product is developed, designed and sold exclusively for Research purposes and in vitro use only (RUO). The product was not tested for use in diagnostics or for drug development, nor is it suitable for administration to humans or animals. For more info, please check its Material Safety Data Sheet available in this website.
Frequently asked questions
Do you have any question? Please visit our FAQs section GO
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.