Human KAL1 Overexpression Lysate Product, Tag-free
High quality Recombinant Protein with proven performance in ELISA, WB, Ab Production or Protein array
KAL1 (Anosmin 1) is a glycoprotein part of the extracellular matrix, which was first identified as defective in human Kallmann syndrome (KS, characterised by hypogonadotropic hypogonadism and anosmia); biochemically it is a cell adhesion protein. The meticulous biochemical dissection of the anosmin 1 domains has identified which domains are necessary for the protein to bind its different partners to display its biological effects. Research in the last decade has unravelled different roles of anosmin 1 during CNS development (axon pathfinding, axonal collateralisation, cell motility and migration), some of them intimately related with the cited KS but not only with this. More recently, anosmin 1 has been identified in other pathological scenarios both within (multiple sclerosis) and outside (cancer, atopic dermatitis) the CNS.Quote request
Availability: In stock! Ready-to-ship immediately
Catalog Numbers, Sizes & Prices
|PR0511||200 μg||268 €|
Different specifications, sizes or Bulk Orders? please visit Custom Solutions or OEM partnerships.
Note: Prices may vary between countries, because additional cost may be applied due taxes, shipments or Custom fees.
Advantages & Features
- Highest purity: free of interferences from other proteins or contaminants.
- Convenient: available in different sizes and tags.
- Source: CHO-K1 cells.
- AA Sequence: 1-680 aa (full-length).
- Predicted MW: 76.9 kDa
- Purity: >90% confirmed by 10% SDS-PAGE stained with Coomassie Blue (CB), immunobloting with anti-KAL1 monoclonal (WB).
- Tag: Tag-free.
- Buffer: RIPA buffer.
- Biological activity: Not tested.
- Synonyms: Kallmann Syndrome Interval Gene 1, KALIG1, Adhesion molecule-like, X-Linked; ADMLX, HH1, HHAKMS, WFDC19.
- Official Symbol: KAL1.
- Specie: Homo sapiens.
- GenBank accession number: NM_000216.2
- NCBI Protein RefSeq: NP_000207.2
- Protein Family: Glycoprotein.
Includes for 200 μg:
– 200 μg Recombinant Protein
– Dry ice
- Western Blot: Product accompanied by 200 μg empty vector negative control. Prior SDS-PAGE fractionation, boil lysate 5 min.
- 10% SDS-PAGE stained with Coomassie Blue (CB), immunobloting with anti-GST monoclonal and peptide fingerprinting by MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry.
- Recommendations: Store working aliquots at 4 ºC for up to one week.
Storage, Shipping & Guarantee
- Shipped in: Dry Ice.
- Storage: For extended storage, conserve at −80 ºC. Repeated freezing and thawing is not recommended. Lysate samples can be dilutes with 2x SDS sample buffer provided (1 vial 500 μg).
- Guaranteed: 12 months from the date of purchase, if it is properly stored.
This product is developed, designed and sold exclusively for Research purposes and in vitro use only (RUO). The product was not tested for use in diagnostics or for drug development, nor is it suitable for administration to humans or animals. For more info, please check its Material Safety Data Sheet available in this website.
Frequently asked questions
Do you have any question? Please visit our FAQs section GO
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.