Human TIMP1 (Metalloproteinase inhibitor 1), MBP tag
High quality Recombinant Protein with proven performance in ELISA, WB, Ab Production or Protein array
These proteins are natural inhibitors of the matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs), a group of peptidases involved in degradation of the extracellular matrix. In addition to its inhibitory role against most of the known MMPs, the encoded protein is able to promote cell proliferation in a wide range of cell types, and may also have an anti-apoptotic function. Transcription of this gene is highly inducible in response to many cytokines and hormones. In addition, the expression from some but not all inactive X chromosomes suggests that this gene inactivation is polymorphic in human females.Quote request
Availability: In stock! Ready-to-ship immediately
Catalog Numbers, Sizes & Prices
|PR0211||10 μg||149 €|
|PR0212||25 μg||217 €|
|PR0213||50 μg||324 €|
Note: Prices may vary between countries, because additional cost may be applied due taxes, shipments or Custom fees.
Advantages & Features
- Highest purity: free of interferences from other proteins or contaminants.
- Convenient: available in different sizes and tags.
- Cost avoidance: dry ice free of charge.
- Source: E. coli.
- AA Sequence: 1-207 aa (full-length).
- Predicted MW: 67.8 kDa
- Purity: >90% confirmed by 10% SDS-PAGE stained with Coomassie Blue (CB).
- Tag: MBP tag.
- Buffer: 20mM Tris-HCl , 0.2M NaCl, 1 mM EDTA and 10mM Maltose, pH: 7.4. No preservatives added.
- Biological activity: Not tested.
- Synonyms: TIMP1 protein; TIMP-1; Erythroid potentiating activity; EPA; Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases; Fibroblast collagenase inhibitor; Collagenase inhibitor, human; HCI; Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 1; TIMP1; CLGI; TIMP.
- Official Symbol: TIMP1.
- Specie: Homo sapiens.
- GenBank accession number: NM_003254.1
- NCBI Protein RefSeq: NP_003245.1
- Protein Family: TIMP (tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases).
Includes for 50 μg:
– 50 μg Recombinant Protein
– Dry ice
- Western Blot.
- Antibody Production.
- Protein array.
- 10% SDS-PAGE stained with Coomassie Blue (CB), immunoblotting with anti-MBP (WB) and peptide fingerprinting by MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry.
- Recommendations: Store working aliquots at 4 ºC for up to one week.
Storage, Shipping & Guarantee
- Shipped in: Dry Ice.
- Storage: For extended storage, conserve at −80 ºC.
- Guaranteed: 12 months from the date of purchase, if it is properly stored.
This product is developed, designed and sold exclusively for Research purposes and in vitro use only (RUO). The product was not tested for use in diagnostics or for drug development, nor is it suitable for administration to humans or animals. For more info, please check its Material Safety Data Sheet available in this website.