>99.0% Purity confirmed by HPLC & Dioxane free
IPTG (Isopropyl B-D-thiogalactopyranoside), Dioxane-Free is an analogue of allolactose that binds specifically to the repressor protein of the lac operon and induces expression of β-galactosidase in Escherichia coli. Unlike allolactose, IPTG is not a substrate for b-galactosidase, as the carbon-sulfur bond cannot be cleaved by the enzyme, so its concentration remains constant. The compound is widely used with X-Gal plates to screen for blue/white selection of recombinant bacteria.Quote request
Availability: In stock! Ready-to-ship immediately
Catalog Numbers, Sizes & Prices
|C0040||5 g||34 €|
Note: Prices may vary between countries, because additional cost may be applied due taxes, shipments or Custom fees.
Advantages & Features
- Purity: >99.0% confirmed by HPLC.
- Dioxane free: does not disrupt normal cell function.
- High Quality.
- Powder format.
- Risk-free: product covered by our Quality 100% Guarantee.
- CAS Number: 367-93-1
- Chemical Formula: C9H18O5S
- Molecular Weight: 238.30
- Purity (HPLC)(on dry basis): >99.0%
- Melting point: 110 – 114 °C
- Identity (IR): conforms to structure
- Solubility: soluble in water and methanol
- Heavy metals (Pb): <5ppm
- 1,4-Dioxane: Not detected
- pH (5% in water): 5.0 – 7.0
- Water content (Karl Fischer): <1.0%
Includes for 25 g:
– 25 g IPTG
- Blue/white screening.
- Expression of genes under lac promoter control.
- Strict quality controls in every phase of manufacturing to guarantee the highest quality and reproducibility.
Storage, Shipping & Guarantee
- Shipped in: Gel pack.
- Storage: 4 ºC .
- Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of purchase, if it is properly stored.
- Pacheco-Garcia, J. L., Loginov, D. S., Anoz-Carbonell, E., Vankova, P., Palomino-Morales, R., Salido, E., … & Pey, A. L. (2022). Allosteric Communication in the Multifunctional and Redox NQO1 Protein Studied by Cavity-Making Mutations. Antioxidants, 11(6), 1110.
- Pacheco-García, J. L., Cano-Muñoz, M., Sánchez-Ramos, I., Salido, E., & Pey, A. L. (2020). Naturally-Occurring Rare Mutations Cause Mild to Catastrophic Effects in the Multifunctional and Cancer-Associated NQO1 Protein. Journal of Personalized Medicine, 10(4), 207.
- Blanco, S., Peralta, S., Morales, M. E., Martínez-Lara, E., Pedrajas, J. R., Castán, H., … & Ruiz, M. A. (2020). Hyaluronate Nanoparticles as a Delivery System to Carry Neuroglobin to the Brain after Stroke. Pharmaceutics, 12(1), 40.
This product is developed, designed and sold exclusively for Research purposes and in vitro use only (RUO). The product was not tested for use in diagnostics or for drug development, nor is it suitable for administration to humans or animals. For more info, please check its Material Safety Data Sheet available in this website.
Frequently asked questions
Do you have any question? Please visit our FAQs section GO
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.