Molecular Biology Grade Antibiotic with Great Performance in a wide range of Applications
Kanamycin Sulfate is a water-soluble antibiotic, originally purified from Streptomyces kanamyceticus, with broad antibacterial spectrum, including mycobacteria, many gram-positive and most gram-negative bacteria. Kanamycin inhibits bacterial protein synthesis by binding 70S ribosomes resulting in dysfunctional translation of mRNA. It is commonly used as a selective agent to select for resistant mammalian, fungal, or bacterial cells that contain the kanamycin resistance genes and is also used for the prevention of bacterial contamination of cell cultures.Quote request
Availability: In stock! Ready-to-ship immediately
Catalog Numbers, Sizes & Prices
|AB005||5 g||60 €|
Note: Prices may vary between countries, because additional cost may be applied due taxes, shipments or Custom fees.
Advantages & Features
- Proven performance in described applications.
- Reliable: stringent quality control standards to guarantee lot-to-lot consistency.
- High Quality.
- Risk-free: product covered by our Quality 100% Guarantee.
- CAS Number: 25389-94-0
- Chemical Formula: C18H36N4O11.H2O4S
- Molecular Weight: 582.58
- Appearance: White to off-white crystalline powder
- Loss on drying: <2%
- Potency: > 750 µg/mg
Includes for 25 g:
– 25 g Kanamycin Sulfate
- Used to select for kanMX transformed cells or other kanamycin resistance genes.
- Used for the prevention of bacterial contamination of cell cultures.
- Strict quality controls in every manufacturing step to guarantee the highest quality.
Storage, Shipping & Guarantee
- Shipped in: Gel Pack.
- Storage: 4 °C (NON Frost-Free Freezer).
- Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of purchase, if it is properly stored.
This product is developed, designed and sold exclusively for Research purposes and in vitro use only (RUO). The product was not tested for use in diagnostics or for drug development, nor is it suitable for administration to humans or animals. For more info, please check its Material Safety Data Sheet available in this website.
Frequently asked questions
Do you have any question? Please visit our FAQs section GO
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.