DNA Polymerase I, Large (Klenow) Fragment
Large Fragment of DNA Polymerase I (10 U/μL)
Klenow Fragment is the Large Fragment of DNA Polymerase I. It shows 5’→3′ polymerase activity and 3’→5′ exonuclease (proofreading) activity, but lacks 5’→3′ exonuclease activity of DNA Polymerase I.Quote request
Availability: In stock! Ready-to-ship immediately
Catalog Numbers, Sizes & Prices
|P0041||500 U||10 U/µL||118 €|
Note: Prices may vary between countries, because additional cost may be applied due taxes, shipments or Custom fees.
Advantages & Features
- Recombinant: isolated from E. coli cells with a cloned fragment of the polA gene.
- DNase I-dependent nick translation: second-strand synthesis in cDNA cloning, fill-in of 5´ overhangs.
- Generates probes using random primers.
- Creates blunt ends.
- Complete solution: supplied with 10x Reaction Buffer.
- Risk-free: product covered by our Quality 100% Guarantee.
One unit of the enzyme catalyses the incorporation of 10 nmol of deoxyribonucleotides into a polynucleotide fraction in 30 min at 37 °C, using poly(dA-dT)·poly(dAdT) as a template primer.
Includes for 500 U:
– 50 μL Klenow Fragment (10 U/μL)
– 1 mL Reaction Buffer (10x)
- DNA sequencing, fill-in of 5’ overhangs and removal of 3’ overhangs to form blunt ends and second strand synthesis in mutagenesis.
- DNA blunting by fill-in of 5’-overhangs or removal of 3‘-overhangs.
- Random-primed DNA labeling.
- Labeling by fill-in 5’-overhangs of dsDNA.
- DNA sequencing by the Sanger method.
- Site-specific mutagenesis of DNA with synthetic oligonucleotides.
- Second strand synthesis of cDNA.
- Absence of conversion of covalently closed circular DNA to nicked DNA after incubation of 20 units of DNA polymerase I with 1 µg of pUC18 DNA for 4 hours at 37 °C.
Storage, Shipping & Guarantee
- Shipped in: Gel pack.
- Storage: -20 °C.
- Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of purchase, if it is properly stored.
This product is developed, designed and sold exclusively for Research purposes and in vitro use only (RUO). The product was not tested for use in diagnostics or for drug development, nor is it suitable for administration to humans or animals. For more info, please check its Material Safety Data Sheet available in this website.