ONPG – Galactosidase Assay Kit
Optimized, Stable & Convenient tool to quickly measure the levels of active β-galactosidase
ONPG B-Galactosidase Assay Kit is an optimized, stable and convenient tool to quickly measure the levels of active β-galactosidase expressed in cells transfected with plasmids expressing Lac Z.
Lac Z is often used reporter gene in experiments transfection because the β-galactosidase is very resistant to proteolytic degradation and its activity is easily measured. β-galactosidase performs the hydrolysis of orthonitrophenyl-β-D-galactopyranoside (ONPG) to the ortho-nitrophenol (ONP). This ONP produces a bright yellow colour that is detected at an absorbance of 420 nm. The concentration of β-galactosidase is proportional to colour produced.Quote request
Availability: In stock! Ready-to-ship immediately
Catalog Numbers, Sizes & Prices
Note: Prices may vary between countries, because additional cost may be applied due taxes, shipments or Custom fees.
Advantages & Features
- Proven performance to quantify high expression level of beta-Gal.
- Very stable: resistant to proteolytic degradation and easily assayed.
- Convenient for all transfection assays.
- Versatile: proven performance for cultured cells and tissues.
- Fast and easy protocol.
- Risk-free: product covered by our Quality 100% Guarantee.
Includes for 500 assays:
– ONGP Substrate solution
– Buffer Lysis
– Buffer Assay
– Buffer Stop
– β-galactosidase enzyme
- Measurement of β-Galactosidase activity in the lysates of transfected cells.
- Strict quality controls in every phase of manufacturing to guarantee the highest quality and reproducibility.
Storage, Shipping & Guarantee
- Shipped in: Gel Pack.
- Storage: 4 ºC.
- Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of purchase, if it is properly stored.
This product is developed, designed and sold exclusively for Research purposes and in vitro use only (RUO). The product was not tested for use in diagnostics or for drug development, nor is it suitable for administration to humans or animals. For more info, please check its Material Safety Data Sheet available in this website.
Bulk & Volume discounts for larger quantities Learn more Here
Citations Reward Program, get 50€ Amazon gift card Learn more Here
Lab Start-Up Program for new labs/companies Learn more Here