PI / Cell Cycle Analysis Kit
For Easy & Convenient Analysis of Cell Cycles
Cell cycle is a ubiquitous, complex sequence of events leading to growth and proliferation of cells. Cell cycle of most eukaryotic cells is divided into four discrete phases: M, G1, S, and G2. S phase is the period during which DNA replication occurs. The cell grows throughout interphase, which includes G1, S, and G2.
Cells at different stages of the cell cycle can also be distinguished by their DNA content. The DNA content of cells duplicates during the S phase (2n to 4n) and DNA content then remains at 4n for cells in G2 and M, decreasing to 2n after cytokinesis.
Experimentally, cellular DNA content can be determined by incubation of cells with a fluorescent dye that binds to DNA, followed by analysis of the fluorescence intensity of individual cells in a flow cytometer. The fluorescence signal is proportional to cellular DNA content.
Propidium iodide is a fluorescent molecule that binds nucleic acid with little or no sequence preference. Because Propidium iodide binds RNA as well as DNA, RNase A is included in this kit to digest cellular RNA and thus decrease background RNA staining from the experiment.Quote request
Availability: In stock! Ready-to-ship immediately
Catalog Numbers, Sizes & Prices
|CA112||200 rxn||202 €|
Would you like to test a Free Sample? Please, inquiry at Free Sample Request.
Note: Prices may vary between countries, because additional cost may be applied due taxes, shipments or Custom fees.
Advantages & Features
- Reliable: stringent quality control standards to guarantee lot-lot consistency.
- Proven performance: for described applications.
- Risk-free: product covered by our Quality 100% Guarantee.
Includes for 200 assays:
– 2 mL Propidium Iodide (PI) Reagent
– 50 mL Phosphate Buffered Saline (10x)
– 2 mL RNase A Solution
- Analysis of cell cycle regulation in response to external stimuli, environmental changes, etc.
- Monitoring of Cell Cycle progression.
- Study effects of drugs which affect cell growth and division.
- Strict quality controls in every phase of manufacturing to guarantee the highest quality and reproducibility.
Storage, Shipping & Guarantee
- Shipped at: Ambient Temperature.
- Storage: Upon receipt, store RNase A solution at -20 °C. Store the PI Reagent and 10x PBS at +4 °C and protect it from light.
- Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of purchase, if it is properly stored.
- Khojasteh, A., Metón, I., Camino, S., Cusido, R. M., Eibl, R., & Palazon, J. (2019). In Vitro Study of the Anticancer Effects of Biotechnological Extracts of the Endangered Plant Species Satureja Khuzistanica. International journal of molecular sciences, 20(10), 2400.
This product is developed, designed and sold exclusively for Research purposes and in vitro use only (RUO). The product was not tested for use in diagnostics or for drug development, nor is it suitable for administration to humans or animals. For more info, please check its Material Safety Data Sheet available in this website.
Frequently asked questions
Do you have any question? Please visit our FAQs section GO
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.