Proteinase K Solution
Molecular Biology Grade, 20 mg/mL
Proteinase K Solution is a highly active serine protease that exhibits broad cleavage specificity. Isolated from Tritirachium album is used for protease digestion during DNA and RNA preparation. With a molecular weight 28.900 kD, it cleaves peptide bonds adjacent to the carboxylic group of aliphatic and aromatic amino acids.Quote request
Availability: In stock! Ready-to-ship immediately
Catalog Numbers, Sizes & Prices
|EZ0015-S||1 mL||40 €|
|EZ0015||5 x 1 mL||134 €|
Note: Prices may vary between countries, because additional cost may be applied due taxes, shipments or Custom fees.
Advantages & Features
- Highly stable at high temperatures.
- Highly active under denaturing conditions.
- High Quality: free of RNases, DNases and Exonucleases contamination.
- Molecular Biology Grade: proven performance for general Digestion of Proteins.
- Risk-free: product covered by our Quality 100% Guarantee.
Storage Buffer: 50 mM Tris, pH 8, 3 mM CaCl2, glycerol 50%
Unit definition One unit is the amount of enzyme which releases at 37 °C in 1 min as many folin-positive amino acids and peptides from hemoglobin as 1 μmol of tyrosine.
Includes for 5 mL:
– 5 x 1 mL Proteinase K Solution (20 mg/mL). Storage Buffer: 50 mM Tris, pH 8, 3 mM CaCl2, glycerol 50%
- Isolation of genomic DNA from cultured cells and tissues.
- Removal of DNases and RNases during DNA and/or RNA purification.
- Determination of enzyme locations.
- Enzyme activity is assayed by digesting hemoglobin at a concentration of 16.7 mg/mL in a solution of 0.08 M potassium phosphate (pH 7.5), 5 M urea, 4 mM NaCl, 3 mM CaCl2.
- Free of detectable RNase, DNase and exonuclease activities.
Storage, Shipping & Guarantee
- Shipment at Ambient Temperature.
- Storage: 4 °C or -20 °C.
- Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of purchase, if it is properly stored.
This product is developed, designed and sold exclusively for Research purposes and in vitro use only (RUO). The product was not tested for use in diagnostics or for drug development, nor is it suitable for administration to humans or animals. For more info, please check its Material Safety Data Sheet available in this website.
Frequently asked questions
Do you have any question? Please visit our FAQs section GO
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.