Lyophilized powder, ≥30 units/mg protein
Proteinase K isolated from Tritirachium album is used for protease digestion during DNA and RNA preparation. It is a serine protease that exhibits broad cleavage specificity. With a molecular weight 28.900 kD, it cleaves peptide bonds adjacent to the carboxylic group of aliphatic and aromatic amino acids.
It is not inactivated by chelating reagents such as EDTA or detergents such as SDS and is active over a wide range of pH (4-12.5).Quote request
Availability: In stock! Ready-to-ship immediately
Catalog Numbers, Sizes & Prices
|EZ0011||30 mg||43 €|
|EZ0012-S||100 mg||79 €|
|EZ0012||5 x 30 mg||157 €|
|EZ0013||500 mg||308 €|
|EZ0014||1 g||497 €|
We also offer this Product with different specifications or size (Custom Solutions), in higher amounts (Bulk Inquiries) or under OEM Basis (OEM Partnerships).
Note: Prices may vary between countries, because additional cost may be applied due taxes, shipments or Custom fees.
Advantages & Features
- Highly active and stable: > 30 units/mg protein (hemoglobin, pH 7.5, 37 °C).
- High Quality: free of RNases, DNases and Exonucleases contamination.
- Purified by chromatography.
- Lyophilised format.
- Low cutting specificity.
- Risk-free: product covered by our Quality 100% Guarantee.
- Unit Definition: Unit definition One unit is the amount of enzyme which releases at 37 °C in 1 min as many folin-positive amino acids and peptides from hemoglobin as 1 μmol of tyrosine.
- Host: Komagataella phaffii (Pichia pastori).
- Appearance: White lyophilized powder.
Includes for 30 mg:
– 30 mg Proteinase K (Lyophilized powder)
- Isolation of genomic DNA from cultured cells and tissues.
- Removal of DNases and RNases during DNA and/or RNA purification.
- Determination of enzyme locations.
- Enzyme activity is assayed by digesting hemoglobin at a concentration of 16.7 mg/mL in a solution of 0.08 M potassium phosphate (pH 7.5), 5 M urea, 4 mM NaCl, 3 mM CaCl2.
- Free of detectable RNase, DNase and exonuclease activities.
Storage, Shipping & Guarantee
- Shipment at Ambient Temperature.
- Storage: 4 °C or -20 °C.
- Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of purchase, if it is properly stored.
- Chekli, Y., Peron-Cane, C., Dell’Arciprete, D., Allemand, J. F., Li, C., Ghigo, J. M., … & Beloin, C. (2020). Visualizing the dynamics of exported bacterial proteins with the chemogenetic fluorescent reporter FAST. Scientific reports, 10(1), 1-13.
- Merinas-Amo, R. (2021). Papel de aditivos alimentarios en la modulación de procesos degenerativos: estudios in vivo e in vitro.
This product is developed, designed and sold exclusively for Research purposes and in vitro use only (RUO). The product was not tested for use in diagnostics or for drug development, nor is it suitable for administration to humans or animals. For more info, please check its Material Safety Data Sheet available in this website.
Frequently asked questions
Do you have any question? Please visit our FAQs section GO
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.