Molecular Biology Grade Antibiotic with Great Performance in a wide range of Applications
Puromycin Hydrochloride is the hydrochloride salt form of puromycin, an aminonuclease antibiotic agent isolated from the bacterium Streptomyces alboniger. Toxic to both eukaryotic and prokaryotic cells. Acting as an analog of the 3′ terminal end of aminoacyl-tRNA, puromycin incorporates itself into a growing polypeptide chain and causes its premature termination, thereby inhibiting protein synthesis. Prevents growth of bacteria, protozoa, algae, and mammalian cells.Quote request
Availability: In stock! Ready-to-ship immediately
Catalog Numbers, Sizes & Prices
|AB024||100 mg||102 €|
|AB027||10 mL||10 mg/mL||205 €|
Note: Prices may vary between countries, because additional cost may be applied due taxes, shipments or Custom fees.
Advantages & Features
- Proven performance in described applications.
- Reliable: stringent quality control standards to guarantee lot-to-lot consistency.
- High Quality.
- Risk-free: product covered by our Quality 100% Guarantee.
- CAS Number: 58-58-2
- Chemical Formula: C22H29N7O5.2HCl
- Molecular Weight: 544.44
- Purity (HPLC): > 98%
Includes for 250 mg:
– 250 mg Puromycin Dihydrochloride
- Puromycin is widely used in cell biology as a selection antibiotic agent in mammalian cell culture systems.
- Useful in CRISPR/Cas9 mammalian gene editing by selecting for successful Cas9-induced knock-in with Puromycin resistance gene.
- Strict quality controls in every manufacturing step to guarantee the highest quality.
Storage, Shipping & Guarantee
- Shipped in: Gel Pack.
- Storage: -20 °C (NON Frost-Free Freezer).
- Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of purchase, if it is properly stored.
This product is developed, designed and sold exclusively for Research purposes and in vitro use only (RUO). The product was not tested for use in diagnostics or for drug development, nor is it suitable for administration to humans or animals. For more info, please check its Material Safety Data Sheet available in this website.
Frequently asked questions
Do you have any question? Please visit our FAQs section GO
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.