DNase & Protease-free (10 mg/mL)
RNase A (Ribonuclease A) is a bovine pancreatic endoribonuclease that cleaves single-stranded RNA. It catalyzes the cleavage of the phosphodiester bond between the 5’-ribose of a nucleotide and the phosphate group attached to the 3’-ribose of an adjacent pyrimidine nucleotide. This cleavage forms a 2’, 3’-cyclic phosphate, which is then hydrolysed to the corresponding 3’-nucleoside phosphate.Quote request
Availability: In stock! Ready-to-ship immediately
Catalog Numbers, Sizes & Prices
|EZ0002||1 mL||10 mg/mL||38 €|
|EZ0003||5 x 1 mL||10 mg/mL||142 €|
(One Kunitz unit equals to 50 Worthington units)
We also offer this Product with different specifications or size (Custom Solutions), in higher amounts (Bulk Inquiries) or under OEM Basis (OEM Partnerships).
Note: Prices may vary between countries, because additional cost may be applied due taxes, shipments or Custom fees.
Advantages & Features
- Small single-chain polypeptide: 124 residues, ~13.7 kDa.
- Avoids the use of co-factors and divalent cations.
- High specific activity: more than 100 Kunitz units per mg protein.
- High Quality: free of DNase, Proteinase or exonuclease contamination.
- Time-saving protocol: avoids the RNAse heat step before use.
- Risk-free: product covered by our Quality 100% Guarantee.
One unit of the enzyme causes an increase in absorbance of 1.0 at 260 nm when yeast RNA is hydrolyzed at 37 °C and pH 5.0. 50 units are approximately equivalent to 1 Kunitz unit.
Note: One Kunitz unit equals to 50 Worthington units.
Includes for 1 mL:
– 1 mL RNase A Solution (10 mg/mL)
- RNA removal during DNA isolation.
- RNA sequence analysis.
- RNase protection assays.
- RNA quantification or mapping.
- Purifying plasmid DNA.
- Genomic DNA isolation.
- Molecular weight marker.
- Functionally tested for RNA degradation in a plasmid DNA Purification protocol.
- Exempt of contaminant exo- and endodeoxyribonuclease activities guaranteed by appropriate quality tests.
Storage, Shipping & Guarantee
- Shipped in: Gel pack.
- Storage: RNase A solutions retain enzymatic activity at room temperature or 2-8 ºC for extended periods. However store at –20 ºC in a freezer without a defrost cycle is recommended. Avoid freeze/thaw cycles.
- Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of purchase, if it is properly stored.
This product is developed, designed and sold exclusively for Research purposes and in vitro use only (RUO). The product was not tested for use in diagnostics or for drug development, nor is it suitable for administration to humans or animals. For more info, please check its Material Safety Data Sheet available in this website.
Frequently asked questions
Do you have any question? Please visit our FAQs section GO
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.