ROS Detection Assay Kit (DCFDA / H2DCFDA)
Highly Sensitive & Safe Assay for Reactive Oxygen Species Measurement
ROS Detection Assay Kit is a highly sensitive and safe assay to measure Reactive Oxygen Species. ROS include a number of reactive molecules and free radicals, derived from molecular oxygen, that damage DNA and RNA and oxidize proteins and lipids (lipid peroxidation). The most common ROS include superoxide anion (O2•-), hydrogen peroxide (H2O2), hydroxyl radical (HO•) and singlet oxygen (1O2), all of which are more reactive than oxygen (O2) itself. The molecules are produced during the electron transport of mitochondrial aerobic respiration or by oxidoreductase enzymes and metal catalysed oxidation.
It uses the cell permeant reagent Dichlorodihydrofluorescein-diacetate (H2DCFDA), a fluorogenic dye that measures hydroxyl, peroxyl and other reactive oxygen species (ROS) activity within the cell. After diffusion in to the cell, the acetyl groups on H2DCFDA are cleaved by intracellular esterase to yield the non-fluorescent compound which is rapidly oxidized to highly fluorescent 2’,7’-Dichlorodihydrofluorescein by ROS. The fluorescence intensity is proportional to the ROS levels within the cell cytosol.Quote request
Availability: In stock! Ready-to-ship immediately
Catalog Numbers, Sizes & Prices
|CA093||5 x 96 assays||229 €|
Note: Prices may vary between countries, because additional cost may be applied due taxes, shipments or Custom fees.
Advantages & Features
- Based on unique fluorescent probe H2DCFDA.
- Fast & Easy Protocol.
- Safe: non-Radioactive, no special handling needed.
- Accurate & Reproducible results.
– 5 mg Fluorescent Substrate (H2DCFDA)
– 50 mL 10X Assay Buffer
– 500 μL Positive control (H2O2, 8.8M)
– 1 mL DMSO
• Measurement of intracellular levels of ROS.
Tables, Figures & Protocols
- Strict quality controls in every phase of manufacturing to guarantee the highest quality and reproducibility.
Storage, Shipping & Guarantee
- Shipment Gel Pack.
- Storage: 4 °C upon receipt.
- Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of purchase, if it is properly stored.
- Luparello, C., Branni, R., Abruscato, G., Lazzara, V., Drahos, L., Arizza, V., … & Vazzana, M. (2022). Cytotoxic capability and the associated proteomic profile of cell-free coelomic fluid extracts from the edible sea cucumber Holothuria tubulosa on HepG2 liver cancer cells. EXCLI Journal, 21, 722-743.
- López-Grueso, M. J., Lagal, D. J., García-Jiménez, Á. F., Tarradas, R. M., Carmona-Hidalgo, B., Peinado, J., … & Padilla, C. A. (2020). Knockout of PRDX6 induces mitochondrial dysfunction and cell cycle arrest at G2/M in HepG2 hepatocarcinoma cells. Redox Biology, 101737.
- Criel, H. (2019). INTRACELLULAR ACCUMULATION OF QUERCETIN AND ITS IMPACT ON CELLULAR STRESS: AN IN VITRO STUDY (Doctoral dissertation, Ghent University).
- Luparello, C., Asaro, D. M. L., Cruciata, I., Hassell-Hart, S., Sansook, S., Spencer, J., & Caradonna, F. (2019). Cytotoxic Activity of the Histone Deacetylase 3-Selective Inhibitor Pojamide on MDA-MB-231 Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Cells. International Journal of Molecular Sciences, 20(4), 804.
This product is developed, designed and sold exclusively for Research purposes and in vitro use only (RUO). The product was not tested for use in diagnostics or for drug development, nor is it suitable for administration to humans or animals. For more info, please check its Material Safety Data Sheet available in this website.
AgaPure™ Agarose Standard: 181€ (500g) Learn more Here
TBARS Assay Kit from 229€ (96 assays) Learn more Here
CVX-Mag™ Viral RNA Extraction Kit, CE-IVD: 336 € (100 rxn) Learn more Here
UltraPure Water, DNASE/RNASE – Free from 34€ (1 L) Learn more Here
qMAXSen™ One-Step RT-qPCR Kits from 144 € (100 rxn) Learn more Here
XTT Cell Proliferation Assay Kit from 91 € (500 assays) Learn more Here
Horse-Power™ Taq DNA Polymerase: 39 € (500 U) Learn more Here
CVX™ Viral RNA Extraction Kit, CE-IVD: 336 € (100 rxn) Learn more Here
GreenSafe DNA Gel Stain: 99 € (1 mL) Learn more Here
Horse-Power™ Taq DNA Polymerase (500 U) from 39€ Learn more Here
Stool Sample Collection and Stabilization Kit: 392 € (100 units) Learn more Here
BrightMAX™ DNA Ladders from 39 € (50 µg) Learn more Here
Proteinase K (Lyophilized): 79 € (100 mg) Learn more Here
HigherPurity™ PCR Clean-Up Magnetic Beads: 261€ (25 mL) Learn more Here
TruePure™ dNTP Mix, 1mL from 23€ Learn more Here
qMAXSen™ qPCR MasterMixes from 117 € (250 rxn) Learn more Here
Saliva Sample Collection Kit: 755 € (100 units) Learn more Here
IPTG: 34 € (5 gr) Learn more Here
PRImeZOL™ Reagent: 84 € (100 mL) Learn more Here
Resazurin Cell Viability Assay from 92 € (2,500 assays) Learn more Here
Frequently asked questions
Do you have any question? Please visit our FAQs section GO
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.