Senescence Detection Kit (SA-β-gal Staining)
For a Fast, Convenient & Easy activity measure of SA-B-Gal in Cells Cultures
Senescence Detection Kit is a Fast, Convenient & Easy-to-use kit that measures activity of SA-B-Gal in cells cultures by hydrolysis of X-gal, which results in the accumulation of a distinctive blue color in senescent cells.
Senescence cells display a phenotype like increase of cell size, distinctive flat morphology, changes in gene expression and activity of senescence-associate ß-galactosidase (SA-ß-gal).
It represents tumor suppressor mechanism for this reason cellular senescence has become an increasingly target in the development of novel therapeutics.Quote request
Availability: In stock! Ready-to-ship immediately
Catalog Numbers, Sizes & Prices
|CA090||100 assays||153 €|
Note: Prices may vary between countries, because additional cost may be applied due taxes, shipments or Custom fees.
Advantages & Features
- Fast, convenient and easy procedure: takes 28 minutes to results with minimal handling steps.
- The specific histochemical marker is only present in senescent cells and is not found in pre-senescent, quiescent or immortal cells
- Risk-free: product covered by our Quality 100% Guarantee.
Includes for 100 assays:
– 150 mg X-Gal (lyophilized)
– 60 mL PBS (10x)
– 15 mL Fixative Solution (10x)
– 15 mL Staining Solution (10x)
– 1 x 1,5 mL Staining Solution Supplement A (100x)
– 1 x 1,5 mL Staining Solution Supplement B (100x)
- Histochemically detect SA-β-Galactosidase activity in cultured cell and tissue sections.
- Strict quality controls in every phase of manufacturing to guarantee the highest quality and reproducibility.
- The fixative solution contains formaldehyde and glutaraldehyde, which are toxic and corrosive solutions. Wear personal protective clothing when handling solutions and use in a fume hood.
- Staining solution supplements (A and B) contains K4[Fe(CN)6] 3H2O and K3[Fe(CN)6], which are irritants for humans and dangerous for the environment. Wear personal protective clothing (e.g., nitrile or latex gloves, lab coat and goggles) when handling solution and discard in an appropriate manner.
- Dimethylformamide is toxic and harmful. Wear personal protective clothing when handling solution. Use a fume hood. Always use a polypropylene container or glass to make and store the X‐gal. Do not use polystyrene.
Storage, Shipping & Guarantee
- Shipped in: Gel Pack.
- Shelf Life: 12 months from the date of purchase, if it is properly stored.
- X-Gal (150 mg, Lyophilized) at -20°C, protected from light.
- 10X Fixative Solution, 10X Staining Solution and 100X Staining Supplement (A and B) can be stored at +4°C. If precipitation occurs, simply warm up the solution to 37°C to solubilize the precipitates.
- Store the 10x PBS solution at Room Temperature or 4ºC.
- Fafián-Labora, J. A., Rodríguez-Navarro, J. A., & O’Loghlen, A. (2020). Small Extracellular Vesicles Have GST Activity and Ameliorate Senescence-Related Tissue Damage. Cell Metabolism.
This product is developed, designed and sold exclusively for Research purposes and in vitro use only (RUO). The product was not tested for use in diagnostics or for drug development, nor is it suitable for administration to humans or animals. For more info, please check its Material Safety Data Sheet available in this website.
Frequently asked questions
Do you have any question? Please visit our FAQs section GO
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.