SOD Assay Kit
For an Easy & Fast Quantitative determination of Superoxide Dismutase (SOD) enzyme activity
Superoxide dismutases (SOD) catalyse the breakdown of superoxide radicals and provide the first line of defense against oxygen toxicity.
SOD Assay Kit, superoxide ions are generated from the conversion of xanthine and O2 to uric acid and H2O2 by Xanthine Oxidase (XO). The superoxide anion then coverts the tetrazolium salt WST-1 to the colored product WST-1 formazan.
Absorbance is then measured at 450 nm using a standard microplate reader. Addition of SOD to this reaction reduces superoxide ion levels, thereby lowering the rate of WST-1 formazan formation. SOD activity in the experimental sample is measured as the percent inhibition of the rate of WST-1 formazan formation.Quote request
Availability: In stock! Ready-to-ship immediately
Catalog Numbers, Sizes & Prices
|Cat. No.||Size||Price List|
|CA061||100 assays||255 €|
Note: Prices may vary between countries, because additional cost may be applied due taxes, shipments or Custom fees.
Advantages & Features
- Fast protocol.
- Risk-free: product covered by our Quality 100% Guarantee.
Includes for 100 assays:
– 1 mL WST-1 reagent
– 20 mL SOD Assay Buffer
– 10 mL SOD Dilution Buffer
– 30 μL SOD Enzyme solution
– 1 mg SOD Standard (300 U/mg)
- Quantitative determination of Superoxide Dismutase (SOD) enzyme activity.
Tables, Figures & Protocols
Storage, Shipping & Guarantee
- Shipping: Gel pack.
- Storage: The SOD Standard should be stored at ‐20 °C. All other components of this kit are stable at 4 °C until the kit expiration date.
- Shelf Life: 24 months from date of purchase, if stored properly.
- Recommendations: WST-1 reagent is light sensitive and should be maintained in amber tubes.
- García-Sanmartín, J., Bobadilla, M., Mirpuri, E., Grifoll, V., Pérez-Clavijo, M., & Martínez, A. (2022). Agaricus Mushroom-Enriched Diets Modulate the Microbiota-Gut-Brain Axis and Reduce Brain Oxidative Stress in Mice. Antioxidants, 11(4), 695.
- Bobadilla, Miriam, et al. «A Grape Juice Supplemented with Natural Grape Extracts Is Well Accepted by Consumers and Reduces Brain Oxidative Stress.» Antioxidants 10.5 (2021): 677.
- Bobadilla, M., García-Sanmartín, J., & Martínez, A. (2021). Natural Food Supplements Reduce Oxidative Stress in Primary Neurons and in the Mouse Brain, Suggesting Applications in the Prevention of Neurodegenerative Diseases. Antioxidants, 10(1), 46.
- López, C. M., Pineda, M., & Alamillo, J. M. (2020). Differential Regulation of Drought Responses in Two Phaseolus vulgaris Genotypes. Plants, 9(12), 1815.
- Gallego, P., Castejón-Vega, B., del Campo, J. A., & Cordero, M. D. (2020). The Absence of NLRP3-inflammasome Modulates Hepatic Fibrosis Progression, Lipid Metabolism, and Inflammation in KO NLRP3 Mice during Aging. Cells, 9(10), 2148.
- Lima-Cabello, E., Morales-Santana, S., León, J., Alché, V., Clemente, A., de Dios Alche, J., & Jimenez-Lopez, J. C. (2018). Narrow-leafed lupin (Lupinus angustifolius L.) seed β-conglutins reverse back the induced insulin resistance in pancreatic cells. Food & Function.
This product is developed, designed and sold exclusively for Research purposes and in vitro use only (RUO). The product was not tested for use in diagnostics or for drug development, nor is it suitable for administration to humans or animals. For more info, please check its Material Safety Data Sheet available in this website.
Frequently asked questions
Do you have any question? Please visit our FAQs section GO
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.