SRB Cytotoxicity Assay
For a Sensitive, Reproducible & Easy-to-use Colorimetric assay for Cytotoxicity Detection
Sulforhodamine B (SRB) Cytotoxicity Assay is a sensitive, reproducible and easy-to-use assay based on the ability of SRB to bind to protein components of cells that have been fixed to tissue culture plates. SRB is a bright-pink aminoxanthene dye with two sulfonic groups that bind to basic aminoacid residues under mild acidic conditions and dissociate under basic conditions.
As the binding of SRB is stoichiometric, the amount of dye extracted from stained cells is directly proportional to the cell mass. The fixed dye is solubilized and is measured photometrically at OD 540 nm with a reference filter of 690 nm. The OD values correlate with total protein content and therefore with cell number.Quote request
Availability: In stock! Ready-to-ship immediately
Catalog Numbers, Sizes & Prices
|CA050||1,000 assays||104 €|
Would you like to test a Free Sample? Please, inquiry at Free Sample Request.
Note: Prices may vary between countries, because additional cost may be applied due taxes, shipments or Custom fees.
Advantages & Features
- Fast: avoids time-sensitive measurement.
- Great linearity.
- Good signal-to-noise ratio.
- Stable end-point.
- Risk-free: product covered by our Quality 100% Guarantee.
Includes for 1,000 assays:
– 0.4 g SRB Dye
– 100 mL Fixative Reagent
– 100 mL Dye Wash Solution (10x)
– 200 mL SRB Solubization Buffer
- Detection of cell toxicity, death, viability or proliferation.
- High throughput screening.
- Precautions: Some components of this kit are potentially carcinogenic or corrosive; it is advisable to work in a hood and to wear glasses, gloves and a mask.
Storage, Shipping & Guarantee
- Shipped in: Ambient Temperature.
- Storage: Room Temperature.
- Recommendations: Protect the product from light.
- Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of purchase, if it is properly stored.
- Gnocchi, D., Kapoor, S., Nitti, P., Cavalluzzi, M. M., Lentini, G., Denora, N., … & Mazzocca, A. (2019). Novel lysophosphatidic acid receptor 6 antagonists inhibit hepatocellular carcinoma growth through affecting mitochondrial function. Journal of Molecular Medicine, 1-13.
This product is developed, designed and sold exclusively for Research purposes and in vitro use only (RUO). The product was not tested for use in diagnostics or for drug development, nor is it suitable for administration to humans or animals. For more info, please check its Material Safety Data Sheet available in this website.
Frequently asked questions
Do you have any question? Please visit our FAQs section GO
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.