T4 DNA Ligase
For highly Efficient, Accurate & Easy Ligation of DNA insert into plasmid vectors from 5 minutes
T4 DNA Ligase is highly efficient, accurate and rapid enzyme designed for an efficient ligation of cohesive and blunt ended DNA insert into plasmid vectors in 5-15 minutes. It is based on the combination of T4 DNA Ligase with a Premium 5x Ligation Buffer. The ligation reaction mixture is used directly for bacterial transformation using conventional transformation procedures. It enables sticky end or blunt end DNA ligation in only 5 minutes at Room Temperature.Quote request
Availability: In stock! Ready-to-ship immediately
Catalog Numbers, Sizes & Prices
|CL005||300 U||5 Weiss Units /μL||69 €|
|CL006||1,000 U||5 Weiss Units /μL||193 €|
|(One Weiss unit is equivalent to approximately 200 CEL units)|
Note: Prices may vary between countries, because additional cost may be applied due taxes, shipments or Custom fees.
Advantages & Features
- Recombinant: isolated from E. coli.
- Highly efficient: 3,500 white colonies and 10 blue colonies expected under optimal conditions.
- Fast and easy protocol: get 24 % of efficiency at 5 minutes and 75 % at 15 minutes.
- Powerful: allows cloning insert amounts < 1 ng/kb.
- Versatile: enables sticky end or blunt end DNA Ligation.
- Risk-free: product covered by our Quality 100% Guarantee.
One Weiss unit of the enzyme catalyses the conversion of 1 nmol of [32PPi] into Norit- adsorbable form in 20 min at 37 ºC. One Weiss unit is equivalent to approximately 200 cohesive end ligation (CEL) units and one CEL unit is defined as the amount of enzyme required to give 50% ligation of HindIII fragments of 1 μg lambda DNA in 30 min. at 16 ºC.
Includes for 300 U:
– 60 µL T4 DNA Ligase (5 U Weiss/µL)
– 250 µL T4 DNA Ligase Buffer (5x)
- Routine cloning procedure: blunt and cohesive double stranded DNA cloning.
- TA cloning.
- Joining of adaptors with blunt or cohesive ends.
- Functionally tested in the ligation of a blunted fragment of 1 kb into pSpark® I vector.
- Lack of nuclease (endo-, exo and ribonucleases) and phosphatase activity guaranteed by appropriate quality tests.
Storage, Shipping & Guarantee
- Shipped in: Gel pack.
- Storage: -20 °C.
- Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of purchase, if it is properly stored.
This product is developed, designed and sold exclusively for Research purposes and in vitro use only (RUO). The product was not tested for use in diagnostics or for drug development, nor is it suitable for administration to humans or animals. For more info, please check its Material Safety Data Sheet available in this website.
Citations Reward Program, get 50€ Amazon gift card Learn more Here
Lab Start-Up Program for new labs/companies Learn more Here
Bulk & Volume discounts for larger quantities Learn more Here