T4 DNA Polymerase
Recombinant, from E.coli cells with a cloned gene 43 of bacteriophage T4 (5 U/μL)
Bacteriophage T4 DNA Polymerase is a DNA-directed 5’ to 3’ DNA polymerase. It is the product of gene 43 from bacteriophage T4 and is therefore often referred to as T4 gp43 DNA Polymerase. The enzyme catalyzes the polymerization of deoxynucleotide triphosphates in a 5’ to 3’ direction. It possesses very active 3’ to 5’ exonuclease activity that is more active on single than double stranded DNA, T4 DNA polymerase has no 5’ to 3’ exonuclease activity. For polymerase activity the enzyme requires DNA with a 5’ protruding end and a high concentration of TruePure™ dNTPs.Quote request
Availability: In stock! Ready-to-ship immediately
Catalog Numbers, Sizes & Prices
|P0042||100 U||5 U/µL||76 €|
|P0043||500 U||5 U/µL||279 €|
Would you like to test a Free Sample? Please, inquiry at Free Sample Request.
Note: Prices may vary between countries, because additional cost may be applied due taxes, shipments or Custom fees.
Advantages & Features
- Recombinant: isolated from a recombinant source (E.coli cells with a cloned gene 43 of bacteriophage T4).
- Powerful: stronger 3′-5′ exonuclease activity on single-stranded than on double-stranded DNA.
- Complete solution: supplied with 10x Reaction Buffer.
- Risk-free: product covered by our Quality 100% Guarantee.
One unit is defined as the amount of enzyme that will incorporate 10 nmol of dNTP into acid insoluble material in 30 minutes at 37 °C using DNAse I-Nicked DNA as template-primer.
Includes for 100 U:
– 20 μL T4 DNA Polymerase (5 U/μL)
– 1 mL Reaction Buffer (5x)
- Generation of blunt double-stranded DNA from DNA containing 5′ overhangs.
- Generation of blunt double-stranded DNA from DNA containing 3′ overhangs.
- 5′-end or 3′-end labeling of double-stranded DNA.
- In vitro mutagenesis.
- Absence of conversion of covalently closed circular DNA to nicked DNA after incubation of 20 units of DNA polymerase I with 1 µg of pUC18 DNA for 4 hours at 37 °C.
Storage, Shipping & Guarantee
- Shipped in: Gel pack.
- Storage: -20 °C.
- Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of purchase, if it is properly stored.
This product is developed, designed and sold exclusively for Research purposes and in vitro use only (RUO). The product was not tested for use in diagnostics or for drug development, nor is it suitable for administration to humans or animals. For more info, please check its Material Safety Data Sheet available in this website.