TBARS Assay Kit
Accurate, Simple & Fast Colorimetric or Fluorometric MDA Quantitation
Oxidative stress in the cellular environment results in the formation of highly reactive and unstable lipid hydroperoxides. Decomposition of the unstable peroxides derived from polyunsaturated fatty acids results in the formation of malondialdehyde (MDA), which can be quantified colorimetrically following its controlled reaction with thiobarbituric acid. Thiobarbituric Acid Reactive Substances (TBARS) assay was proposed over 40 years ago and is now the most commonly used of method to screening and monitoring lipid oxidation.
TBARS method has been used to evaluate a wide range of samples that include human and animal tissues and fluids, drugs, foods and natural products. The sensitivity of measuring Thiobarbituric Acid Reactive Substances (TBARS) has made this assay the method of choice for screening and monitoring lipid peroxidation, a major indicator of oxidative stress. Even though there remains a controversy cited in literature regarding the specificity of TBARS toward compounds other than MDA, it still remains the most widely employed assay used to determine lipid peroxidation.
This assay is based on the reaction of malondialdehyde (MDA) with thiobarbituric acid (TBA); TBA reacts with MDA to form a pink chromogen, which can be detected spectrophotometrically at 532 nm.Quote request
Availability: In stock! Ready-to-ship immediately
Catalog Numbers, Sizes & Prices
|CA995||96 assays||229 €|
Would you like to test a Free Sample? Please, inquiry at Free Sample Request.
Note: Prices may vary between countries, because additional cost may be applied due taxes, shipments or Custom fees.
Advantages & Features
- Simple & Fast Protocol.
- Versatile: Colorimetric or Fluorometric MDA Quantitation.
- Standardized tool for assaying lipid peroxidation in Plasma, Serum, Urine, Tissue homogenates, and Cell Lysates.
Includes for 96 wells:
– 4 x 0.53 g Thiobarbituric Acid (TBA)
– 40 mL Diluent 1 (contain Acetic Acid)
– 20 mL Diluent 2 (contain NaOH)
– 10 mL SDS Solution
– 250 μL MDA Standard (10mM)
– 20 mL H2O2 solution
– 1 unit 96-Well Solid Black plate
– 1 unit 96-Well Solid Clear plate
– 2 Adhesive strips
- For quantitative determination of lipid Peroxides (thiobarbituric acid reactive substances, TBARS).
- Evaluation of drug effects on lipid Peroxidation.
Tables, Figures & Protocols
Storage, Shipping & Guarantee
- Shipment: Gel Pack.
- Storage: 4 °C upon receipt.
- Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of purchase, if it is properly stored.
- García-Sanmartín, J., Bobadilla, M., Mirpuri, E., Grifoll, V., Pérez-Clavijo, M., & Martínez, A. (2022). Agaricus Mushroom-Enriched Diets Modulate the Microbiota-Gut-Brain Axis and Reduce Brain Oxidative Stress in Mice. Antioxidants, 11(4), 695.
- Luque-Tévar, M., Perez-Sanchez, C., Patiño-Trives, A. M., Barbarroja, N., Arias de la Rosa, I., Abalos-Aguilera, M., … & Lopez-Pedrera, C. (2021). Integrative clinical, molecular, and computational analysis identify novel biomarkers and differential profiles of anti-TNF response in rheumatoid arthritis. Frontiers in immunology, 12, 592.
- Bobadilla, Miriam, et al. «A Grape Juice Supplemented with Natural Grape Extracts Is Well Accepted by Consumers and Reduces Brain Oxidative Stress.» Antioxidants 10.5 (2021): 677.
- Bobadilla, M., García-Sanmartín, J., & Martínez, A. (2021). Natural Food Supplements Reduce Oxidative Stress in Primary Neurons and in the Mouse Brain, Suggesting Applications in the Prevention of Neurodegenerative Diseases. Antioxidants, 10(1), 46.
- Fafián-Labora, J. A., Rodríguez-Navarro, J. A., & O’Loghlen, A. (2020). Small Extracellular Vesicles Have GST Activity and Ameliorate Senescence-Related Tissue Damage. Cell Metabolism.
This product is developed, designed and sold exclusively for Research purposes and in vitro use only (RUO). The product was not tested for use in diagnostics or for drug development, nor is it suitable for administration to humans or animals. For more info, please check its Material Safety Data Sheet available in this website.
AgaPure™ Agarose Standard: 181€ (500g) Learn more Here
UltraPure Water, DNASE/RNASE – Free from 34€ (1 L) Learn more Here
qMAXSen™ One-Step RT-qPCR Kits from 144 € (100 rxn) Learn more Here
XTT Cell Proliferation Assay Kit from 91 € (500 assays) Learn more Here
Horse-Power™ Taq DNA Polymerase: 39 € (500 U) Learn more Here
GreenSafe DNA Gel Stain: 99 € (1 mL) Learn more Here
Horse-Power™ Taq DNA Polymerase (500 U) from 39€ Learn more Here
Stool Sample Collection and Stabilization Kit: 392 € (100 units) Learn more Here
Proteinase K (Lyophilized): 79 € (100 mg) Learn more Here
Resazurin Cell Viability Assay from 92 € (2,500 assays) Learn more Here
Frequently asked questions
Do you have any question? Please visit our FAQs section GO
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.