Molecular Biology Grade Antibiotic with Great Performance in a wide range of Applications
Tetracycline Hydrochloride is an antibiotic active against a wide range of gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria. The parent compound chlortetracycline was first isolated from Streptomyces aureofaciens in 1947. Soon after, other natural tetracyclines were isolated, including tetracycline, for which the family of molecules is named. The tetracyclines exert their antibiotic effect primarily by binding to the bacterial ribosome and halting protein synthesis. Upon binding the ribosome, the tetracyclines allosterically inhibit binding of the amino acyl-tRNA at the acceptor site, and protein synthesis ceases.Quote request
Availability: In stock! Ready-to-ship immediately
Catalog Numbers, Sizes & Prices
|AB009||25 g||53 €|
We also offer this Product with different specifications or size (Custom Solutions), in higher amounts (Bulk Inquiries) or under OEM Basis (OEM Partnerships).
Note: Prices may vary between countries, because additional cost may be applied due taxes, shipments or Custom fees.
Advantages & Features
- Proven performance in described applications.
- Reliable: stringent quality control standards to guarantee lot-to-lot consistency.
- High Quality.
- Risk-free: product covered by our Quality 100% Guarantee.
- CAS Number: 64-75-5
- Chemical Formula: C22H25ClN2O8
- Molecular Weight: 480.90
- Appearance: Yellow powder
- Potency: >950 µg/mg
- Specific optical rotation: -240 to -255°
Includes for 50 g:
– 50 g Tetracycline Hydrochloride
- Used to select for TetR transformed cells or other tetracycline resistance genes.
- Tetracycline hydrochloride is used in tetracycline controlled gene expression systems (gene switches) such as the Tet-on and Tet-off systems.
- Used for the prevention of bacterial contamination of cell cultures. Recommended for use in cell culture applications at 10 mg/L.
- Strict quality controls in every manufacturing step to guarantee the highest quality.
Storage, Shipping & Guarantee
- Shipped in: Gel pack.
- Storage: 4 °C.
- Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of purchase, if it is properly stored.
This product is developed, designed and sold exclusively for Research purposes and in vitro use only (RUO). The product was not tested for use in diagnostics or for drug development, nor is it suitable for administration to humans or animals. For more info, please check its Material Safety Data Sheet available in this website.
Frequently asked questions
Do you have any question? Please visit our FAQs section GO
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.