> 99% Purity confirmed by HPLC
X-Gal (5-bromo-4-chloro-3-indolyl-β-D-galacto-pyranoside) is a chromogenic substrate for beta-galactosidase.
β-Galactosidase cleaves the substrate and releases colorless galactose and 5-Bromo-4-chloro-3-indoxyl (X). The indoxyl will be oxidized to the insoluble 5,5′-dibromo-4,4′-dichloro-indigo, forming an intense blue precipitate.
Availability: In stock! Ready-to-ship immediately
Catalog Numbers, Sizes & Prices
|C0043||1 g||46 €|
We also offer this Product with different specifications or size (Custom Solutions), in higher amounts (Bulk Inquiries) or under OEM Basis (OEM Partnerships).
Note: Prices may vary between countries, because additional cost may be applied due taxes, shipments or Custom fees.
Advantages & Features
- Purity: > 99% confirmed by HPLC.
- High Quality.
- Powder format.
- Risk-free: product covered by our Quality 100% Guarantee.
- CAS Number: 7240-90-6
- Chemical Formula: C14H15BrClNO6
- Molecular Weight: 408.63
- Assay (HPLC) > 98% w/w
- Purity (HPLC): > 99%
- Purity (TLC): single spot
- Water content (Karl Fischer): <1%
- Identity (IR): conforms to structure
- Solubility (5% w/v, DMF): soluble
Includes for 5 g:
– 5 g X-Gal
- Blue/white screening.
- Gene expression detection of β-galactosidase reporter.
- Detection of β-galactosidase activity in immunological and histochemical applications.
Tables, Figures & Protocols
- Strict quality controls in every phase of manufacturing to guarantee the highest quality and reproducibility.
Storage, Shipping & Guarantee
- Shipped in: Gel pack.
- Storage: -20 ºC (NON Frost-Free Freezer).
- Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of purchase, if it is properly stored.
This product is developed, designed and sold exclusively for Research purposes and in vitro use only (RUO). The product was not tested for use in diagnostics or for drug development, nor is it suitable for administration to humans or animals. For more info, please check its Material Safety Data Sheet available in this website.
Frequently asked questions
Do you have any question? Please visit our FAQs section GO
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.