XTT Cell Proliferation Assay Kit
For an Optimized, Accurate & Sensitive Colorimetric Detection of Cellular Metabolic Activities
XTT Cell Proliferation Assay Kit is an optimized, accurate and sensitive colorimetric assay that detects the cellular metabolic activities. During the assay, the yellow tetrazolium salt XTT (sodium 2,3,-bis(2methoxy-4-nitro-5-sulfophenyl)-5-[(phenylamino)carbonyl]-2H-tetrazolium) is reduced to a highly colored formazan dye by dehydrogenase enzymes in metabolically active cells.
This conversion only occurs in viable cells and thus, the amount of the formazan produced is proportional to viable cells in the sample. The formazan dye formed in the assay is soluble in aqueous solution and quantified by measuring the absorbance at wavelength 450 nm using a spectrophotometer. An electron coupling reagent, such as PMS (N-Methylphenazonium methyl sulphate), can significantly improve the efficiency of XTT reduction in cells.Quote request
Availability: In stock! Ready-to-ship immediately
Catalog Numbers, Sizes & Prices
|CA031-S||500 assays||79 €|
|CA031||1,000 assays||159 €|
Note: Prices may vary between countries, because additional cost may be applied due taxes, shipments or Custom fees.
Advantages & Features
- Accurate: dye absorbance is proportional to the number of cells in each well.
- Sensitive: assayed even in low cell concentrations.
- Fast protocol: results within 2-5 hours with minimal handling steps.
- Time-saving protocol: avoids solubilisation step.
- Complete solution: includes all reagents needed for cell washing procedures.
- Safe: avoids radioactivity.
- Optimized: for high throughput assays (no washing or other steps that can cause cell loss and variability).
- Cost avoidance: allows performance directly in a microtiter plate.
- Risk-free: product covered by our Quality 100% Guarantee.
Includes for 1,000 assays:
– 2 x 25 mL XTT Cell Proliferation Assay Kit Reagent
– 1 mL Activation Reagent
- Spectrophotometric quantification of cell proliferation and viability in response to pharmaceutical, chemical, nutrients and environmental compounds.
- High Throughput Screening.
Storage, Shipping & Guarantee
- Shipped at: Ambient Temperature.
- Storage: -20 °C.
- Shelf Life: 24 months from date of purchase, if stored properly.
- Recommendations: Protect XTT solution from light.
This product is developed, designed and sold exclusively for Research purposes and in vitro use only (RUO). The product was not tested for use in diagnostics or for drug development, nor is it suitable for administration to humans or animals. For more info, please check its Material Safety Data Sheet available in this website.